Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Champions League Final - 8pm - Paris Saint Germain vs Bayern Munich

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Champions League Final - 8pm - Paris Saint Germain vs Bayern Munich

Postby Itsallaguess » August 23rd, 2020, 10:45 am

Just a quick reminder for anyone wanting to watch the Champions League Final tonight at 8pm (Paris Saint Germain vs Bayern Munich), that it's available for free via the BT Sport YouTube channel -

https://www.youtube.com/user/BTSportOfficial

I'm looking forward to a good match between two proper footballing sides, and hope that Bayern edge it in a 4-3 thriller..

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Re: Champions League Final - 8pm - Paris Saint Germain vs Bayern Munich

Postby simoan » August 23rd, 2020, 11:57 pm

Well I didn't think it'd be possible for this match to be worse than last years final, but it was! Another awful CL final despite all the hype - only 5 shots on target from supposedly the best attacking players in the world. By contrast the Europa League final on Friday was a cracker. In fact the Europa League semi's were very good games too, unlike the CL semi finals which were dreadfully one-sided.

All the best, Si

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » August 24th, 2020, 5:55 am

simoan wrote:
Well I didn't think it'd be possible for this match to be worse than last years final, but it was!

Not the goal-fest we were hoping for, but with City nowhere near the final, and with Bayern winning it ahead of PSG, it was a great result for football...

We wouldn't have known from watching last night, but PSG paid more for Neymar and Mbappé than Bayern Munich paid for their entire 23-man squad..

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

simoan
Lemon Quarter

Postby simoan » August 24th, 2020, 8:51 am

Itsallaguess wrote:
simoan wrote:
Well I didn't think it'd be possible for this match to be worse than last years final, but it was!

Not the goal-fest we were hoping for, but with City nowhere near the final, and with Bayern winning it ahead of PSG, it was a great result for football...

We wouldn't have known from watching last night, but PSG paid more for Neymar and Mbappé than Bayern Munich paid for their entire 23-man squad..

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

There's no doubt the best team won the competition. As you say, the best result for football because the Bayern team has been built in a sensible manner and not had oligarch or Arab money thrown at it. City are not good enough defensively and a long way behind Bayern. I think Liverpool could give them a game because I wouldn't fancy that high defensive line they play against Salah and Mane. Maybe we'll see next season...

All the best, Si

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”