Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Palace V Burnley

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Palace V Burnley

Postby Leothebear » February 13th, 2021, 12:14 pm

Big game this.
CP were pathetic against Leeds and the 2-0 scoreline really flattered them. This continues their hopeless performances against the better sides in the PL.

Normally however I'd expect them to beat Burnley who haven't exactly been on fire recently. But given thet CP have the worst injury problem in the PL:

https://www.holmesdale.net/board_files/ ... AC230.jpeg

I think Burnley have their best chance to get at least a point. It will be ugly, that is guaranteed

SteMiS
Lemon Quarter

Re: Palace V Burnley

Postby SteMiS » February 13th, 2021, 1:14 pm

Leothebear wrote:Big game this.
CP were pathetic against Leeds and the 2-0 scoreline really flattered them. This continues their hopeless performances against the better sides in the PL.

To be honest, I thought Palace were lucky to come away with 3 points against the Mags.

Leothebear wrote:Normally however I'd expect them to beat Burnley who haven't exactly been on fire recently. But given thet CP have the worst injury problem in the PL:

https://www.holmesdale.net/board_files/ ... AC230.jpeg

I think Burnley have their best chance to get at least a point. It will be ugly, that is guaranteed

Well Burnley are not exactly a free scoring team, with 14 goals from 22 games so it depends if Palace can get a goal. However without Zaha making a nuisance of himself I have my doubts. Nil nil draw beckons...

Stan
2 Lemon pips

Postby Stan » February 13th, 2021, 5:29 pm

A superb all round performance today from the first whistle to the last by Burnley today.

This one is watching again https://streamja.com/ewXlK

Lowton scores these on a regular basis .. Once every 8 years to be exact :D

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Postby Leothebear » February 13th, 2021, 5:29 pm

As expected Palace abysmal. Burnley far better in effort, shape, fitness and desire.

I think Roy has lost it. I look to see if CP can gain further points to retain PL status, TBH I can't see any.
Palace got 1 point from the last 8 matches end of last season. A repetition looks quite likely.

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » February 14th, 2021, 4:06 pm

Leothebear wrote:I think Roy has lost it. I look to see if CP can gain further points to retain PL status, TBH I can't see any.
Palace got 1 point from the last 8 matches end of last season. A repetition looks quite likely.

Roy's body language is terrible. I hope Palace stay up so he can retire on a positive note. Palace should be fine given the bottom three teams seem marooned there.

In fact the entire PL has become boring. Man C will be 10 points clear if they win their game in hand. Man U and Leicester seem nailed on for 2nd and 3rd. Only the 4th place race looks interesting now that Liverpool are playing like Palace.

Looking forward to Brentford playing in the PL next season in their new shiny ground. They are my favourite London team.

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”