Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Hattrick Season 79

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Re: Hattrick Season 79

Postby ChiliMonster » November 9th, 2021, 6:35 pm

Weeks 10 & 11

Kevster's IV.27

In my past post I said, "I'll definitely lose this week whatever I do..." I actually achieved a very lucky 2-2 away draw. HT-ML Predictor rated as a 99% chance of a home win, so I didn't deserve it. Back to losing ways, by a single goal, away to 8th in week 11. Stuck in 7th place, with a risk of finishing 8th.

Hoi An Lunt Kickers, III, Vietnam
A win and a slightly disappointing draw in these 2 weeks, which drops me to third, as predicted. The team now in second has just gone ownerless, but they won't bot until end of season. They are still strong so I expect them to remain in second and I'll have to be happy with third.

Fly Suckers, VI, England
Still 100%. Money was burning a hole so I've bough my three forwards for next season. Just a GK to buy.

Cheers,

Kevster

ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Postby ChiliMonster » November 17th, 2021, 1:57 pm

Week 12

Kevster's IV.27

Away 0-1 loss to third-placed team. I dropped to 8th as a result.

Away to the top team and managed a 1-1 draw with a CA goal. Bizarrely, even though any prediction would have seen my oppo would have superior MF, they placed CA orders as usual. This draw makes their auto-promotion prospects more distant. Second-place team went ownerless last week but they still have a stronger first team than mine. I am away to them next week and will be lucky to get a point. I am destined to finish third.

Fly Suckers, VI, England
100% continued. I had a formidable Sc forward with a transfer compare of about £140K. I listed him for £200K and he didn't sell, so I listed again for £150K. He got a single bid 45 min before deadline of £500K! Even of that was an intended max bid error, it was still excessive to be realistic. Happy to take the money, of course, and it will go towards a keeper purchase, but I did wonder if it could get reported?

I'll have two teams in England Div V next season. I'll start thinking about off-season league switches soon.

Cheers,

Kevster

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » November 18th, 2021, 2:35 pm

I'd just keep the money, Kevster! Maybe he wanted him badly, couldn't be logged in at the end and overbid just to make sure he got him. Or he was heavily inebriated.....

An away win 0-4 to the team in 7th kept us in 1st and the good run going.
I almost thought my luck was in when my closest rival went 2-0 down in the first half away to 6th, but he rallied to win 2-7 and stays in 2nd, a point behind me.

So the big game is this weekend, at home to 2nd, winner takes all. On paper I should edge it, but my best defender is on a +1, leaving me with 3 defenders, and the oppo is strong on the wings, where I would normally play a back 4 with 2 WBs. But we should win midfield and have a strong attack, so perhaps a 5-4 or 4-3 is on the cards. I'd be less happy with a draw, as that makes a qualifier more likely.

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » November 22nd, 2021, 9:32 am

We overcame our closest rival to sew up the league with a game to go. He tried to fox me by going AIM instead of his usual AOW, but had no strength in the middle at all, so it was kind of a strange thing to do. We thought it might be a high scoring match, and there was a spell with 5 goals in 4 minutes, but we ended up 4-2 winners in the end.

So, 4 pts clear, 1 game to go. In the final game, a draw away to a team that is guaranteed a qualifier (i.e. they should PIC) should be enough to autopromote back to IV, and have another stab to try to stay in IV for more than 3 seasons at a time!

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » November 22nd, 2021, 11:02 am

@kevster

The lack of spec is an issue for longer term NT builds, but if they have HTMS of above 2150 and train perfectly they'll still be of interest. For U21 the age and disagreeable personality can also influence selection. It's been awhile since you asked, how did they turn out?

ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Postby ChiliMonster » November 24th, 2021, 2:45 pm

@kevster

The lack of spec is an issue for longer term NT builds, but if they have HTMS of above 2150 and train perfectly they'll still be of interest. For U21 the age and disagreeable personality can also influence selection. It's been awhile since you asked, how did they turn out?

Bryan Tomlin was promoted with no spec and sold immediately for £73K.

The other 2 have no specs revealed yet either. Bernard Haw will hit his 7&7 passing and scoring in 3 more games and can be promoted in 2 weeks. HTMS still 2202. I hadn't thought about agreeability (youthclub says controversial) or U21 availability (Rate My says misses 10 matches). Jason Gough is apparently nasty and dishonest and will miss 18 U21 matches. I guess that's not great?!

As Bernard is passable PM, I think I'll keep him for a bit and train PM while I consider whether to develop his Fw potential.

Cheers,

Kevster

ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Postby ChiliMonster » November 24th, 2021, 2:58 pm

Week 13

Kevster's IV.27

5-0 away loss. 8th place finish almost certain. Home to the top team for the final game. They are immediately above the autopromotion cutoff line, though I doubt whether their choice to PIC or MOTS the last game will change the result.

A good 3-4 away win with CA paying off at last against the team in second leaves me three points behind them and also needing a 6 goal-difference swing in the final games to go above them. I'll be home to seventh and have a good chance of winning by, say, 4 goals. They will be away to the top team who are very unlikely to autopromote, so will probably not MOTS, but I hope they will win.

Fly Suckers, VI, England
6-1 home win. 1 more victory over a bot required to complete the 100% season.

Kevster

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » November 25th, 2021, 2:46 pm

England NT

Job done, handing over the reins in the next election, although expect to be nominated as assistant coach by one candidate, so I'll keep may hand in. Also helping South Africa NT with Inner Mids at the moment.

England.

27pts after 13 games means I can only finish 2nd. This weeks games are meaningless for every team in III.7 - first time i think I've ever seen that, third and 4th could swap positions, so I suppose there's that, but nothing to write home about.

Oceania

I drew at home to 3rd last week, 2nd were home to 4th and according to the ratings shpuld have won easily but the match engine found one of the rarer potential outcomes and they lost. This means they are 3pts behind me with +2GD, I've slipped out of the auto-promote spots (held it for a week) . 2nd are away to 7th this week and I'm away to 4th. I have 4 players on double yellows and if I win I'll be probably needing all of them for the playoff to the Pacific Premier. It's been 27 seasons since I last won a II trophy in Oceania and I lost the playoff that followed.

According to this hatstats monitoring site https://www.hattrick-stats.net/overall/england we managed the best ratings in Oceania in week 12 and are averaging joint 9th for the season, with only 3 Prem sides in the top 10. For a pure CA team it's been an absolute pleasure to build and play, I highly recommend it!

South Africa

According to the stats my lads were the 2nd best team in III.13 this season, but a lucky win in R1 against the strongest team was the platform to build on, and its 13/13 wins 40 goals for and 3 against, training GK. I can lose on Sunday and still guarantee promotion to II. I'm still training at 10% and still only signing players from African nations. I decided we needed to boost m/f and side attack potential for II so have spent some of my cash - sacked the FD and brought in a form coach. We'll see how that plays out. I don't want to raise stamina yet because my GK trainees are 25 & 27. I'll need some decent youth sales over the next 3-4 seasons to strengthen the team again if I'm going to make the most of the current project, but we're going through a lean spell on that front.

Good luck to all for the end of season, and for the festive season. We're having a works xmas do this year, which is going to feel incredibly weird given we're all still working from home... (in between playing hattrick of course)

Bink333
Lemon Slice

Postby Bink333 » November 28th, 2021, 10:51 am

Oceania.

Tough match last night, 2 injuries, no yellows for any of the guys on 2. Won 1-2 so have a playoff to get to the Prem. It's against the Oceania NT manager, who has used all 4 of my Oceanian full-backs over the last 2 seasons, and we've used his English team's defender at U21 level last season. Its a curtain raiser for the Ashes...

South Africa.

Last season's champions went 5-5-0 and held out for a 0-0 draw. We're auto-promoting to II having conceded just 3 goals in the league this season.

England

Play later, nothing exciting is expected to happen..

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » November 30th, 2021, 1:27 am

Season was wrapped up with a 0-5 away win and with W13 D1 L0 its an autopromote back to IV.
Have recently sold my 'best' forward (on paper) who didn't seem to know where the goal was, for £2.2m and bought an old midfielder to replace an even older midfielder. Will also be selling some old defenders, and might sell a trainee striker to fund some of the defensive replacements. Will see if IV is survivable first, when the leagues are released.

We have an office party booked as well, which means some in the company will meet for the first time there, as the various work teams are only in the office a day a week and some teams haven't met each other since......2020?

ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Postby ChiliMonster » December 1st, 2021, 11:12 am

Week 14

Kevster's IV.27

0-3 loss to the top team, though my 8th place had already been confirmed. Down to Div V.
Along with Fly Suckers, there will be some league swapping going on. I wasn't aware of that Hattrick-Stats site, so thanks for that, Bink. I have been using hattid.com, which is similar, but gives different results for hardest/easiest leagues, possibly because it doesn't include bot ratings in the averages.

After 20 years, I'm seriously contemplating a name change for this team. It was always a placeholder that never got finished.

A surprisingly difficult 1-0 win against 7th. I didn't score until 87th minute, when I should have won by 4 or 5. Second surprisingly tonked 1st, so I finish in third on GD. Some nice prize money coming for that.
After a season of def training, starting with some very low levels on GKs and core trainees, the season ended very strongly, with CA starting to pay off. Another season of def training before switching to PM, which will be more interesting, though.
Again hattid suggested I was in the weakest league, but hattrick-stats suggested this was 10/16, so I'll have some homework to do regarding league swapping.

Fly Suckers, VI, England
0-6 win. 100% this season. 81 league goals scored. I'm ready to promote. 2 seasons ago when I last promoted to div V, apart from my main IM trainees almost all my players were those my club started with, and maybe one excellent defender and one excellent fw brought it. Now I will have every position at least outstanding in primary skill, some brilliant/magnificent, with secondaries. I should be fine to survive with some careful league selection. I'm still not sure what the long-terms strategy of this one is. Short term is div V survival. But do I spend a few seasons making serious money before a push, or shall I aim to cultivate some key NT-potential players?

Cheers,

Kevster

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”