Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Thoughts on Eng v Hungary

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Re: Thoughts on Eng v Hungary

Postby Leothebear » October 18th, 2021, 7:23 pm

And the hugely successful sports betting industry sees the statistics as "a bit meaningless" too?

It's all they have. But you're implying I'm saying all stats are meaningless which I'm not. I'm saying in certain circumstances they're a bit meaningless.

dealtn
Lemon Half

Postby dealtn » October 19th, 2021, 11:08 am

Leothebear wrote:And the hugely successful sports betting industry sees the statistics as "a bit meaningless" too?

It's all they have. But you're implying I'm saying all stats are meaningless which I'm not. I'm saying in certain circumstances they're a bit meaningless.

Well your post implies they are meaningless unless there is the specific of identical situations. That is very rare set of "certain circumstances".

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Postby Leothebear » October 23rd, 2021, 5:53 pm

dealtn wrote:
Leothebear wrote:And the hugely successful sports betting industry sees the statistics as "a bit meaningless" too?

Well your post implies they are meaningless unless there is the specific of identical situations. That is very rare set of "certain circumstances".

Oh dear.
Did you study semantics at university?

dealtn
Lemon Half

Postby dealtn » October 24th, 2021, 10:44 am

Leothebear wrote:
dealtn wrote:

Oh dear.

None of my 4 university qualifications are directly to do with semantics. I did study logic within the discipline of philosophy though, if that counts.

Is there a reason your preference is towards (implied) ad hominem responses?

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Postby Leothebear » October 25th, 2021, 10:55 pm

dealtn wrote:
Leothebear wrote:
dealtn wrote:

Oh dear.

None of my 4 university qualifications are directly to do with semantics. I did study logic within the discipline of philosophy though, if that counts.

Is there a reason your preference is towards (implied) ad hominem responses?

No I think your response speaks volumes.

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”