Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Derby

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
BobbyD
Lemon Half

Re: Derby

Postby BobbyD » November 23rd, 2021, 11:24 pm

SteMiS wrote:
BobbyD wrote:
SteMiS wrote:You've literally contradicted yourself in the same sentence. You didn't 'introduce Newcastle' but 'you pointed out...'. I didn't introduce Newcastle into this thread (it was you, unless you can link to where I did?) and I've never claimed they are part of the Big 6.

With pleasure:

SteMiS wrote:So not the big 6 then. Strange how the rules don't seem to apply to them then... - viewtopic.php?p=455103#p455103

Eh? The quote doesn't even mention Newcastle...

You talked about the rules only applying to some and then linked to a thread about the highly contentious takeover of NUFC. If you only wanted to quote the rules it would have been more apparent if you'd quoted direct from the source rather than quoting a citation of the source and would have taken about 15 seconds longer.

SteMiS
Lemon Quarter

Postby SteMiS » November 24th, 2021, 12:13 am

BobbyD wrote:
SteMiS wrote:
BobbyD wrote:
With pleasure:

Eh? The quote doesn't even mention Newcastle...

You talked about the rules only applying to some and then linked to a thread about the highly contentious takeover of NUFC. If you only wanted to quote the rules it would have been more apparent if you'd quoted direct from the source rather than quoting a citation of the source and would have taken about 15 seconds longer.

I linked to the message because I'd already set out there the details of F1 and L9. I don't think anyone has ever suggested that NUFC are in breach of those rules. Consequently the NUFC takeover isn't relevant to the involvement of the 'Big 6' in the setting up, for their benefit, of a rival competition to the Champions League, explicitly outlawed by L,9 and I've never referred to it in this thread. It was you that introduced it. Indeed the NUFC takeover was allowed to go through because it wasn't in breach of any of the rules (whatever anyone thinks of it).

BobbyD
Lemon Half

Postby BobbyD » November 24th, 2021, 12:16 am

SteMiS wrote:
BobbyD wrote:
SteMiS wrote:Eh? The quote doesn't even mention Newcastle...

I linked to the message because I'd already set out there the details of F1 and L9. I don't think anyone has ever suggested that NUFC are in breach of those rules. Consequently the NUFC takeover isn't relevant to the involvement of the 'Big 6' in the setting up, for their benefit, of a rival competition to the Champions League, explicitly outlawed by L,9 and I've never referred to it in this thread. It was you that introduced it. Indeed the NUFC takeover was allowed to go through because it wasn't in breach of any of the rules (whatever anyone thinks of it).

If you'd made that a little clearer, by quoting the rule directly and not for some bizzare reason choosing to quote a citation of it in another thread you'd have saved us both a lot of time, and Newcastle would never have entered the conversation. I didn't introduce them to this thread, you did, however unintentionally by linking, completely unnecessarily, to a thread about NUFC...

SteMiS
Lemon Quarter

Postby SteMiS » November 24th, 2021, 1:02 pm

BobbyD wrote:
SteMiS wrote:
BobbyD wrote:

If you'd made that a little clearer, by quoting the rule directly and not for some bizzare reason choosing to quote a citation of it in another thread you'd have saved us both a lot of time, and Newcastle would never have entered the conversation. I didn't introduce them to this thread, you did, however unintentionally by linking, completely unnecessarily, to a thread about NUFC...

The politest thing I can say about that is that we'll have to agree to disagree...

BobbyD
Lemon Half

Postby BobbyD » November 24th, 2021, 2:24 pm

SteMiS wrote:
BobbyD wrote:
SteMiS wrote:I linked to the message because I'd already set out there the details of F1 and L9. I don't think anyone has ever suggested that NUFC are in breach of those rules. Consequently the NUFC takeover isn't relevant to the involvement of the 'Big 6' in the setting up, for their benefit, of a rival competition to the Champions League, explicitly outlawed by L,9 and I've never referred to it in this thread. It was you that introduced it. Indeed the NUFC takeover was allowed to go through because it wasn't in breach of any of the rules (whatever anyone thinks of it).

The politest thing I can say about that is that we'll have to agree to disagree...

I respect your right to be wrong...

SteMiS
Lemon Quarter

Postby SteMiS » November 24th, 2021, 3:34 pm

BobbyD wrote:
SteMiS wrote:
BobbyD wrote:

I respect your right to be wrong...

Likewise

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”