Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Hattrick Season 80

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Re: Hattrick Season 80

Postby ChiliMonster » February 23rd, 2022, 11:11 pm

Week 10

Red-Hot Chili Devils Eng V.234

Next week I'll be away to the team now in second place. I think I should win on CA, but I'm considering using Man Marking against a technical forward, something I've not tried in a competitive match before. It would reduce my CA rating, which is why I'm hesitating.

I did the Man-Mark and it paid off nicely. I won 0-2 and am now 8 points clear at the top. From hereon, the games should get easier, so promotion is looking highly likely.

Fly Suckers Eng V.98
This week I am home to the top team in my league. They are three points and 2GD above me. I am 6 points above third. I will be very happy to finish second and had no expectations of winning this league, but I'll give it my best shot on PIN to get something out of this match. They have an injured first team IM. Who knows?

I equalised three times, but the final score was 3-4. I doubled the opposition's goals conceded for the season, so that was an achievement.
This week I will be away to third, who are three points behind me. It will be close, but I can win.

Hoi An Lunt Kickers Vietnam III.11
One bot down, one to go this week. Still top on GD.

Cheers,

Kevster

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » March 1st, 2022, 11:14 pm

A full house saw us lose frustratingly at home 0-1 to a team that leaps over us in the league.
Despite winning midfield, they had more chance than us 5 v 7, and a 4-5-1 with a monster defence versus our 4-3-3.
Anyway, we are down to 5th and have to play the three teams below us in the last three games. Next game is away to the bottom team. Fingers crossed.

ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Postby ChiliMonster » March 2nd, 2022, 1:21 am

Week 11

Still set for autopromotion with the last three games against the current bottom three teams.

Fly Suckers Eng V.98
This week I will be away to third, who are three points behind me. It will be close, but I can win.

A slightly harsh 5-2 loss, I thought, dropping me to third on GD. I still hope to win the last three matches and the new second-place team are home to the top team (who are set to autopromote) in the final week, so hopefully they will drop a point or three to allow me to finish second.

Another 5-0 win over a bot last weekend.
I am top on GD, with third one point behind us. This weekend is the key match remaining - away to second. They will play 541 CA (even though they will win MF) with a TDF. I have an injury to my main IM and my only real winger is in poor form. Our defences are both very strong and we will each get single digit attack %ages in each sector. I am planning on Man-Marking their TDF, which I suspect will be a shock, but nort sure what difference this will make to the outcome.

Cheers,

Kevster

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » March 8th, 2022, 10:35 pm

The away game to the bottom team went according to plan 0-4, which puts us back in to 4th. The team that beat us last week lost at home, and slips back to 5th. With 2nd on 22 pts and 5th on 18 pts, any of the four teams can still face a relegation qualifier, and 6th place can still finish 4th. Its very close!
Next game is home to 6th, who have blown hot and cold all season, hard to know which team will turn up, except they have to win to stand a chance in the last game, so I guess they will give it a go...

ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Postby ChiliMonster » March 11th, 2022, 10:34 am

Week 12

0-5 win against 7th. Champions confirmed.
I've got 8 weeks of def training before switching to PM. Carefully working out how to synchronise popping and what spare slots I will have for skill trading or to pop a future PM trainee in def.

Fly Suckers Eng V.98
A nice 5-1 win. Still in third but hoping to sneak into second on the final week.

This weekend is the key match remaining - away to second. They will play 541 CA (even though they will win MF) with a TDF. Our defences are both very strong and we will each get single digit attack %ages in each sector. I am planning on Man-Marking their TDF, which I suspect will be a shock, but not sure what difference this will make to the outcome.

The result was 0-0, which will do. The man marking did make a slight improvement in my def ratios and a tiny improvement in my possession. The draw means we were leapfrogged by the other strong team and I am now in second, a point behind first, and 7GD ahead of third. I expect this will be the final top three positions.
Here I've got 7 weeks of def training before switching to PM. Like for RHCD, I'm optimising how this period finishes.

Cheers,

Kevster

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » March 14th, 2022, 2:38 pm

Having said that this weeks oppo blows hot and cold, I didnt expect them to do all that in just one game. We were 4th, at home playing 6th, and after 23 minutes we were 3-0 up, which is how it stayed at HT. They subbed a winger at HT, and pulled two goals back midway in second half. They also had an injury to a striker with 9 mins left, and the sub only went and got the equaliser.
So it ended 3-3, which meant they were automatically in the relegation qualifiers. It also leaves us in 4th, tied with 5th on 21 pts and behind 3rd on 22 pts.
Final round, 3rd is away to 6th, who will PIC in prep for the qualifier, so expect 3rd to win. 5th is away to bottom team who have 3 pts. I expect 5th to win. We in 4th are away to 7th, who are down but have won 3 games and never lose by much. Of the teams in 3rd-65th, we have the banana skin game.
Will try to win on a PIN, just in case it goes pete tong and I end up with a qualifier.
At least theres something to play for... ;)

ChiliMonster
2 Lemon pips

Postby ChiliMonster » March 21st, 2022, 6:43 pm

End of season

Red-Hot Chili Devil
s
A surprisingly close final game away to fifth. The final score was 3-4, but how they got those goals on the stats is a mystery.
I hope to finish third or possibly second this season.

Well, I finished top and will autpopromote. Once I switch to PM training after week 4, I expect to hit the rocks and I'm not sure if I will survive in Series IV next season.
I only managed one entrant in the Raymond Elias trophy this season from this Youth Squad, and won't have another for about 15 weeks.

Fly Suckers
Targeting third place in the league.

An 8-0 win finished the season nicely and I'm doing so in second place. More of the same next season, I hope.

Hoi An Lunt Kickers
I hope to finish third again or possibly second in the league this season. I do not want to promote yet.

A 0-3 win confirmed my second-place finish. Again, when I switch to PM training after three weeks next season, my fortunes may change for a while.

So, I exceeded or reached the maximum predictions for all teams.

I've just learnt that I will I have a fourth team in the Anniversary League draw!

Cheers,

Kevster

Eastheath
Lemon Slice

Postby Eastheath » March 21st, 2022, 9:33 pm

We wrapped up the season with a 0-1 away win to one of the relegated team, they dont lose games by many goals but they do lose. This meant we finished 3rd, as the team previously in 3rd only drew and ended up in 5th with a qualifier.
League winner will autopromote so we will have three new teams next season.
I'm pleased with 3rd, makes a change from the usual!

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”