Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Scotland v Ukraine

Please create a thread for your favourite topic.
pje16
Lemon Half

Re: Scotland v Ukraine

Postby pje16 » June 6th, 2022, 8:37 am

AWOL wrote:I found the "anyone but Scotland" attitude common when i lived in London but admittedly most people didn't care. Is the "anyone but England" attitude more common in Scotland?

I live in London and have never witnessed the "anyone but Scotland" view
Any of the Home countries doing well against "johnny foreigner" should be welcomed... surely
I did make an exception for Ukraine... but so did most of the world

doolally
Lemon Slice

Postby doolally » June 6th, 2022, 9:56 am

AWOL wrote:
I found the "anyone but Scotland" attitude common when i lived in London but admittedly most people didn't care. Is the "anyone but England" attitude more common in Scotland?

I would say it's very common up here. Mostly a bit of friendly(?) banter, though inevitably a number on the loony fringe treat it as close to real hatred.
doolally

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » June 6th, 2022, 11:57 am

doolally wrote:
AWOL wrote:
I found the "anyone but Scotland" attitude common when i lived in London but admittedly most people didn't care. Is the "anyone but England" attitude more common in Scotland?

I would say it's very common up here. Mostly a bit of friendly(?) banter, though inevitably a number on the loony fringe treat it as close to real hatred.
doolally

same as here basically ;)

Mike88
Lemon Slice

Postby Mike88 » June 6th, 2022, 12:04 pm

Amongst the people I know I have not witnessed anyone who has an anybody but England attitude except in a jokey fashion. I'm Welsh and always support England, as do my friends and acquaintances, when they play any team except Wales. Of course in footballing terms we've rarely had the opportunity to support Wales as they rarely qualify for anything except in the years since 2016 when they won their group in the Euros which included England.

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » June 6th, 2022, 1:07 pm

Mike88 wrote:Amongst the people I know I have not witnessed anyone who has an anybody but England attitude except in a jokey fashion. I'm Welsh and always support England, as do my friends and acquaintances, when they play any team except Wales. Of course in footballing terms we've rarely had the opportunity to support Wales as they rarely qualify for anything except in the years since 2016 when they won their group in the Euros which included England.

As a Londoner I'm glad they (Wales) made it through (not at the expense of Ukraine) but it's about time Wales were in the World cup

Return to “Sports Bar (all sports)”