Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Chester Zoo

place to discuss doing things round and about the UK or to ask advice about other locations
AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Chester Zoo

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » June 2nd, 2019, 4:59 pm

I can't recall where I read that Chester Zoo is the most visited place outside of London with visitors of approximately 1.7 million per year.

Last Friday we visited the zoo again. Our 12 year old daughter and her friend in tow. A long journey to get there of 2hrs 20 minutes but the reward is always the same and remains completely timeless.

If you've never been I'd thoroughly recommend it. Get there as it opens and be prepared to walk miles. There's a reason why it attracts so many.

And if you have the time, I'd recommend you watch the mini series about how it all started - Our Zoo.

And there is a great fly on the wall documentary series, about the zoo, called The Secret Life of the Zoo which is also, in my opinion, well worth watching.

AiY

Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Re: Chester Zoo

Postby Slarti » June 2nd, 2019, 5:25 pm

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » June 2nd, 2019, 6:33 pm

Slarti wrote:Paid attractions, that is https://www.visitbritain.org/annual-sur ... st-results

Slarti

That seems to be England only. Edinburgh Castle gets well over 2 million p.a.

Scott.

AsleepInYorkshire
Lemon Half

Postby AsleepInYorkshire » June 2nd, 2019, 7:37 pm

swill453 wrote:
Slarti wrote:Paid attractions, that is https://www.visitbritain.org/annual-sur ... st-results

Slarti

That seems to be England only. Edinburgh Castle gets well over 2 million p.a.

Scott.

I suspect I'd have some issues selling that one upstream to my 12 year old :lol:

Although she did find our visit to Warwick Castle mildly entertaining, especially the birds of prey show. If you're a true castle aficionado then Warwick Castle may not be for you. But for kids (including the big ones like me) it's a little different and I'd certainly go back. The bird shows are incredible. I wouldn't do the Dungeon Tour though - damned Americanised rubbish.

In my youth it was the three bloody "c's". All ****** churches, all ****** castles and all ****** cathedral's :lol: And if Mum & Dad said we were going to a Museum I simply switched off.

AiY

Return to “Around the UK”