Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

southampton airport parking

place to discuss doing things round and about the UK or to ask advice about other locations
didds
Lemon Half

southampton airport parking

Postby didds » January 6th, 2024, 11:01 am

we're off to belfast for june 24-28, flyiung out of southampton.

im looking at airpoort parking options.

Seems to be about £68 either meet and greet or park nearby on site (£2 difference).

Just asking here uin case anybody knows of anything else "locally" that may be cheaper. ?

Includuing parking on YOUE drive with a lift to and fro to the airport ;-)

didds

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Re: southampton airport parking

Postby richfool » January 6th, 2024, 11:47 am

didds wrote:we're off to belfast for june 24-28, flyiung out of southampton.

im looking at airpoort parking options.

Seems to be about £68 either meet and greet or park nearby on site (£2 difference).

Just asking here uin case anybody knows of anything else "locally" that may be cheaper. ?

Includuing parking on YOUE drive with a lift to and fro to the airport ;-)

didds

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your specific question re airport parking, BUT NOTE, the big advantage with Southampton airport is that it has a railway station immediately adjacent to the airport building, so one can train almost into the airport. Very convenient and no exorbitant parking charges.

I just wish they did more flights from Southampton, which is starting to happen (with Easy Jet) after a recent extension to the runway there.

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Postby redsturgeon » January 8th, 2024, 12:41 pm

Southampton is my nearest airport and it is great, so quick and easy and only maximum two flights waiting at any one time so quiet and quick in the terminal.
The only airport parking is the multistorey right next to the terminal so park there and it is two mins walk to check in. Your car will also be safe and secure and not being driven around by some stranger.

When you return there will be no bother waiting for your meet and greet who would meet you in the multistorey anyway, so self parking is the way to go.

John

Leothebear
Lemon Quarter

Postby Leothebear » January 14th, 2024, 4:46 pm

Yes I know paying a lot for parking grates, it's the same at Bournemouth. But the provincial are a joy compared to the London airports. So I cough up and although the parking can cost more that the return airfare, the net cost is still pretty cheap.

Return to “Around the UK”