Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34,Anonymous, for Donating to support the site

Travel Bridges or...??

Holiday Ideas & Foreign Travel
Lootman
The full Lemon

Re: Travel Bridges or...??

Postby Lootman » June 28th, 2020, 2:02 pm

servodude wrote:
Lootman wrote:What do you mean by "disembark by category"?

You'll be familiar with the "landing card" for Visas, quarantine is handled similarly
- this was inter-state aus flying this time but its the same process that's used for international flights in most places that have actual quarantine (its in play here as Tasmania are really strict at the moment)

Basically residents leave the plane first, then exempt/excused, then quarantined
- each group goes a different way on disembarking
- the wife's seat on the plane was also changed at check-in when her status was confirmed (exemption paperwork finalised between ticket purchase and flight) to make the process simpler

Maybe Australians are more orderly and civilised about getting off a plane.

Usually here as soon as the "seat belts" sign goes off at the Gate everyone stands up, collects their stuff and then the plane deplanes from the front in seat row order. I can't imagine people politely sitting in their seat according to their category. I'm not sure how it could work here.

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » June 29th, 2020, 1:58 am

Lootman wrote:Maybe Australians are more orderly and civilised

Yes that's what they're famous for ;)

In reality though it's just a minor change that I'm pretty sure even the English could understand?!

-sd

GrahamPlatt
Lemon Quarter

Postby GrahamPlatt » July 3rd, 2020, 6:50 pm

Anticipating - based on the prior hints - that non-quarantine day would be the 6th, I booked my return. Now it’s going to be bloody Friday. I despair.

Return to “Airport Lounge”