Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Costa Blanca

Holiday Ideas & Foreign Travel
swill453
Lemon Half

Costa Blanca

Postby swill453 » December 30th, 2019, 4:02 pm

We're doing a 3 week late winter/early spring holiday in south east Spain. We're having a week in Almeria, a week in Murcia (the cities) and currently looking for a 3rd place somewhere north of Alicante and south of Valencia.

Somewhere reasonably picturesque would be good, maybe with some historic attractions. We'd like to avoid Benidorm and the like (unless someone says it's much better at that time of year). No huge preference whether it's on the coast or inland.

Important is good access to walking areas, whether coastal or mountains/natural parks. We'll have a car though, so 30-60 minutes drive is ok.

Any suggestions?

Scott.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Re: Costa Blanca

Postby PinkDalek » December 30th, 2019, 5:09 pm

http://quatretondeta.com/ but I've no idea about the access is mid-Winter nor the accomodation?

Quatretondeta is a small mountain village located in the heart of the Mountains of Alicante ...“50 kilometers and 50 years away from Benidorm”.

Edit: We stayed in the Parador on the coast at Jávea many years ago https://www.parador.es/en/paradores/parador-de-javea. That may be too far from the mountain ranges and I think the Brit count was on the highish side.

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » January 7th, 2020, 10:40 am

PinkDalek wrote:http://quatretondeta.com/ but I've no idea about the access is mid-Winter nor the accomodation?

Quatretondeta is a small mountain village located in the heart of the Mountains of Alicante ...“50 kilometers and 50 years away from Benidorm”.

Thanks, we've booked an airbnb in El Castell de Guadalest, a mountain village not quite as far inland as that. I think it's quite touristic in summer with Benidorm day-trippers, but should be fine in mid-March.

Scott.

PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Postby PinkDalek » January 7th, 2020, 11:24 am

swill453 wrote:Thanks, we've booked an airbnb in El Castell de Guadalest, a mountain village not quite as far inland as that. ...

I've no idea why I said mid-Winter but it looks Más bonitos!

https://guadalest.es/

MaraMan
Lemon Slice

Postby MaraMan » January 7th, 2020, 12:06 pm

I would suggest Granada. We visited there and Murcia late last year. We caught the coach between the two cities which was very comfortable and cost effective. Granada is a lovely small city with the Alhambra perched above it. The mountains are spectacular and the coast is only about half an hour away. We stayed in a lovely three star hotel in the centre and paid only €135 for three nights, so I highly recommend Hotel Monjas de Carmen.

Have a great trip whatever you decide to do. We liked Murcia a lot and have friends who live nearby so have been regular visitors for a couple of years. We had a great afternoon quad biking in the hills, if that's your thing.

MM

PS - Sorry just read your message properly, so please ignore my suggestion as not not in your desired region :oops:

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » January 7th, 2020, 12:32 pm

MaraMan wrote:PS - Sorry just read your message properly, so please ignore my suggestion as not not in your desired region

Thanks, we've been to Andalusia many times and love Granada and the Alhambra. We decided to go a bit further east this time.

Scott.

Sobraon
2 Lemon pips

Postby Sobraon » January 7th, 2020, 2:51 pm

If we ever lived in Spain it would be in Xàbia (or Jávea in Spanish), Montgó National Park and the coast for walking ( see here for some ideas), Jesus Pobre or La Xara are also possibilities.
Xàbia is quite international but not in my view dominated by British tourists or residents. I was invited to come along to this group of CB walkers by an old friend which might be worth investigating.

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » January 7th, 2020, 3:53 pm

Sobraon wrote:Xàbia is quite international but not in my view dominated by British tourists or residents. I was invited to come along to this group of CB walkers by an old friend which might be worth investigating.

Excellent thanks, the walk programme looks interesting, and lots of them have links to full routes.

Scott.

Return to “Airport Lounge”