Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

British Airways Problems

Holiday Ideas & Foreign Travel
TahiPanasDua
Lemon Slice

British Airways Problems

Postby TahiPanasDua » February 15th, 2020, 3:44 pm

Moderator Message:
RS: I changed the title of the from British Airways Crash so as not to mislead people. If anyone had a relative/friend flying with BA today they might have been unnecessarily concerned.

Has anyone tried to communicate with BA recently

I am somewhere in the middle of a very long and surreal online conversation with BA. You couldn't make it up. I received a number of replies most of which appeared to answer other peoples similar queries.

Last November my wife and I flew BA premium economy to Hong Kong. Before flying, I emailed them to complain that asking for extra payment to choose a seat in advance made BA feel like Ryanair and was unjustified in view of the high cost of premium economy.

I received a surreal reply apologising for our unhappy flight experience. I had clearly stated that we had not yet travelled. They also confirmed unsurprisingly that the seat fee was company policy.

I then responded that I was fully aware of and reluctantly accepted their unreasonable charges but was additionally disappointed that BA had not carefully read my first email about our upcoming travel plans.

I then received a reply using different words but essentially saying the same things as the first email. My second email was also clearly misunderstood or was a reply to someone else's email.

There then followed 3/4 exchanges where I explained that I was no longer complaining about the fee and rephrasing my second complaint. Each BA response appeared to respond to a question not asked.

Eventually I asked them to send me copies of both our emails as their site does not store correspondence.

After some time I got a file from the personal data file department enclosing only their replies. (I had not actually asked to see my personal data file). When I asked them for copies of my queries they said they had enclosed them but hadn't. They then instructed me to henceforth deal only with the original complaints outfit.

I will continue with the complaint regardless as it is now amusing.

Incidentally the flights were fine.

TP2.

Return to “Airport Lounge”