Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

HAWAII WEDDING

Holiday Ideas & Foreign Travel
SwissPaul
Lemon Pip

HAWAII WEDDING

Postby SwissPaul » January 10th, 2021, 2:27 pm

Hi All,
I hope this query finds all in the best of health and looking forward to a better year.
So on that thought, my step daughter has told us that she intends to have her nuptials on the beach in Hawaii in February 2022; subject to no pandemics and the free movement of people being allowed. We live in northwest of England as do they.

I think they will want to either fly direct, or meet with step son and his wife in Seattle and then fly out as a group.

Am retiring in June and thinking whilst the knees are still moving we are to looking at doing a southern hemisphere trip, say commencing in November and meeting up with the kids in Hawaii in February.

Thoughts are everythng from Australasia , South America etc. We are quite happy not travelling POSH, neither would we be looking to travel in the style of John Blashford-Snell ! So we are just an average mid 60's couple looking for some adventure, though I admit her ladyship like others of that sex ain't keen on sharing a bathroom!

So we have approx 4 months to spend rocking around the southern half of the world - a quarter of a gap year! Call it my decompression afte a life of slaving.

Thoughts, ideas, planes, trains, coaches would try and avoid car and any other hints and tips. Tablets and jabs, visa's, cash or cards etc.

Thanks in anticipation
Swiss

TaurusTheBull
2 Lemon pips

Re: HAWAII WEDDING

Postby TaurusTheBull » January 11th, 2021, 7:45 am

Hi Swiss,

You have left this topic so open that I'll refrain from much comment, other than to say, primarily, that you are perhaps being rather optimistic that the current health crisis will be over in what will be the next northern hemisphere winter. If you book anything, make sure it is reliably refundable.

Personally, I very much like South America, with a tendency towards the Andean areas of Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina and Chile, all many miles from the equally beautiful sites of Rio and Iguasso Falls, to name but two. I spent eight months in South America in 2008, and thoroughly enjoyed it, though you obviously have to take care. The only problem I had was when a man in a suit approached me with some tissues in Quito, inviting me to look at my trousers, which were smeared with mustard. I'd be warned about this trick, the idea being that I put down my bags to clean up whilst my new friend runs off with them. I politely declined his offer.

New Zealand is also wonderful, though perhaps better appreciated if you like walking and don't mind staying in huts with others. If it ever opens up, post-Covid, you may find yourselves caught in a mad rush to get there. Also, it's a long, long way from Hawaii.

Good luck!
Taurus

Johnspenceuk

Postby Johnspenceuk » January 11th, 2021, 8:56 am

SwissPaul wrote:Hi All,
I hope this query finds all in the best of health and looking forward to a better year.
So on that thought, my step daughter has told us that she intends to have her nuptials on the beach in Hawaii in February 2022; subject to no pandemics and the free movement of people being allowed. We live in northwest of England as do they.

I think they will want to either fly direct, or meet with step son and his wife in Seattle and then fly out as a group.

Am retiring in June and thinking whilst the knees are still moving we are to looking at doing a southern hemisphere trip, say commencing in November and meeting up with the kids in Hawaii in February.

Thoughts are everythng from Australasia , South America etc. We are quite happy not travelling POSH, neither would we be looking to travel in the style of John Blashford-Snell ! So we are just an average mid 60's couple looking for some adventure, though I admit her ladyship like others of that sex ain't keen on sharing a bathroom!

So we have approx 4 months to spend rocking around the southern half of the world - a quarter of a gap year! Call it my decompression afte a life of slaving.

Thoughts, ideas, planes, trains, coaches would try and avoid car and any other hints and tips. Tablets and jabs, visa's, cash or cards etc.

Thanks in anticipation
Swiss

Hi Swiss Paul
Have a look at round the world airline tickets. They offer lots of flexibility.

Regards

John

mtl3108

Postby mtl3108 » January 11th, 2021, 2:35 pm

SwissPaul wrote:Hi All,

Thanks in anticipation
Swiss

Unless you are very much city people, or have problems with driving, I would strongly recommend some use of rental cars in order to really see and experience the countries you visit, whether they be Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Chile, or wherever. NZ is a long way from Hawai'i, as are most places, but it's a pretty easy 9 hour flight...

dspp
Lemon Half

Postby dspp » January 11th, 2021, 3:11 pm

TaurusTheBull wrote:Hi Swiss,

You have left this topic so open that I'll refrain from much comment, other than to say, primarily, that you are perhaps being rather optimistic that the current health crisis will be over in what will be the next northern hemisphere winter. If you book anything, make sure it is reliably refundable.

Personally, I very much like South America, with a tendency towards the Andean areas of Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina and Chile, all many miles from the equally beautiful sites of Rio and Iguasso Falls, to name but two. I spent eight months in South America in 2008, and thoroughly enjoyed it, though you obviously have to take care. The only problem I had was when a man in a suit approached me with some tissues in Quito, inviting me to look at my trousers, which were smeared with mustard. I'd be warned about this trick, the idea being that I put down my bags to clean up whilst my new friend runs off with them. I politely declined his offer.

New Zealand is also wonderful, though perhaps better appreciated if you like walking and don't mind staying in huts with others. If it ever opens up, post-Covid, you may find yourselves caught in a mad rush to get there. Also, it's a long, long way from Hawaii.

Good luck!
Taurus

Second that. Head towards Salta in Argentina and do a two-week road trip centred on that.

Make sure that each of you has no more than one main rucsac and one day daypack, and that you can each carry both simultaneously ............

regards, dspp

Return to “Airport Lounge”