Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Business travel to USA

Holiday Ideas & Foreign Travel
Miltomatic

Business travel to USA

Postby Miltomatic » June 1st, 2021, 2:00 pm

Good morning everyone

I need to travel to the USA on business. I'm a jeweller and I buy diamonds from an American supplier. Pre-pandemic I made several such trips a year. Obviously such travel is prohibited at the moment but I wonder if anyone has any suggestions on the possibility of receiving an exemption to the restrictions. I hold a valid ESTA but not a B-1 visa.

Thanks in advance

Milt.

terminal7
Lemon Quarter

Re: Business travel to USA

Postby terminal7 » June 2nd, 2021, 6:21 pm

I suspect you already know this Milt - unless Johnson succeeds in persuading Biden next week at the G7* - you (I assume you not American) are not eligible to travel to the States from the UK unless you go via a third country acceptable to the US authorities (some islands in the Caribbean fit the bill). I am aware of some people that have travelled but they all are US citizens based in London, who have a 'pressing need'.. I also know a London based company who have leverage but have totally failed to get very senior personnel to the States. So unless you have an American Mum/Dad/child under 25 - little hope for the moment.

T7

* little chance IMHO

Miltomatic

Re: Business travel to USA

Postby Miltomatic » June 4th, 2021, 6:35 am

T7

Many thanks for confirming. You correctly assume I'm not American, nor do I have any American family, so I guess my business will just have to wait. (Unless I can justify 2 weeks in the Caribbean) And, much as it would suit me personally, I think Biden would be wrong to grant a "green corridor" solely to the UK.

Milt.

Return to “Airport Lounge”