Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Manchester Airport parking: on airport: 7 day limit?

Holiday Ideas & Foreign Travel
yorkshirelad1
Lemon Slice

Manchester Airport parking: on airport: 7 day limit?

Postby yorkshirelad1 » April 25th, 2023, 5:57 pm

I'm looking for parking at Manchester Airport (T1, if it makes a difference), at the end of June/beginning of July. I'd like something on airport (short-term or mid-term), to be within walking distance of the terminal. I can find multi-storey and mid-stay for 7 days. However, anything for 11 days is either off-airport (requires bus transfer etc) or "meet and greet" type arrangement (which I'm not keen on). I've tried a few websites, primairly holidayextras.co.uk, and direct to manchesterairport.co.uk with no joy/not much difference in availability.

Does anyone have any suggestions for 11 days on airport, self-park and walk.

I have thought to put two back-to-back bookings in of 6 and 5 days (allowing for an overlap between the two); however I have been told that the car park bookings are activated by ANPR on entry, so if/when I tried to leave, I would be charged the day rate from the end of the first booking, even though I had a second booking (as the second booking had not been activated, unless I got someone to move the car in and out....)

TIA

flint
2 Lemon pips

Re: Manchester Airport parking: on airport: 7 day limit?

Postby flint » April 26th, 2023, 1:38 am

Whilst you are not keen on Meet & Greet, I use it all the time. It is quick and efficient and very close to the Terminal Building - no more than 50 metres in the open where you could get wet, if raining. i think it is the best option if you want the shortest possible time from car to terminal. I left my car for 7 weeks whilst away for Christmas. After a 28 hour flight from Oz it was good to be able to drive away with minimum delay and no waiting around
for buses.

Flint

AF62
Lemon Quarter

Re: Manchester Airport parking: on airport: 7 day limit?

Postby AF62 » April 26th, 2023, 9:28 pm

flint wrote:Whilst you are not keen on Meet & Greet, I use it all the time. It is quick and efficient and very close to the Terminal Building - no more than 50 metres in the open where you could get wet, if raining. i think it is the best option if you want the shortest possible time from car to terminal. I left my car for 7 weeks whilst away for Christmas. After a 28 hour flight from Oz it was good to be able to drive away with minimum delay and no waiting around
for buses.

I also use official* on-airport Meet & Greet services all the time, and those at all the UK airports I have used give me no worries.

Drive up to a barrier and multiple high definition cameras take detailed photos of your car from every conceivable angle so if there is any issue about damage on return it can be identified as to whether it was there or not when you arrived, and as a result the staff taking your car away are exceedingly careful with it.

Far preferable to parking it myself in a long stay car park and hoping that the owners of the cars next to it don’t return before me and are the ‘door throwing open’ type.

*official, because anyone who uses unofficial airport meet and greet services is just crazy.

Return to “Airport Lounge”