Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Chania, Crete - apartment or hotel recommendations?

Holiday Ideas & Foreign Travel
LanceSterling

Chania, Crete - apartment or hotel recommendations?

Postby LanceSterling » September 7th, 2023, 9:26 pm

Hi. We're looking to spend 5 nights in Chania, Crete from 21st October (half-term). Me, my partner and my 16 year old daughter so definitely need two rooms (and two bathrooms wouldn't go amiss but not essential). Any recommendations for an apartment or hotel? Thank you!

Lootman
The full Lemon

Re: Chania, Crete - apartment or hotel recommendations?

Postby Lootman » September 7th, 2023, 9:32 pm

No but definitely devote a (full) day to hiking the Samaria Gorge, and then have a boat pick you up at the southern exit.

Especially that time of year when it will not be too hot.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Re: Chania, Crete - apartment or hotel recommendations?

Postby bungeejumper » September 8th, 2023, 2:20 pm

Lootman wrote:No but definitely devote a (full) day to hiking the Samaria Gorge, and then have a boat pick you up at the southern exit.

Seconded. You can get a day package that includes coach transport to the top of the mountain, boat trip from the harbour at the bottom (which has no road access!), and then another coach back to base from where the boat finally drops you off.

It's a steep and rugged descent, all right, so ignore anybody who tells you that you don't need tough footwear. As a softy visitor, you do! Although the locals do it in flip-flops. :lol:

BJ

Return to “Airport Lounge”