Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Print Driver problem

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
JonE
Lemon Slice

Print Driver problem

Postby JonE » September 6th, 2017, 1:00 pm

Win7HP-64; Dell 3330dn ethernet connxn. Reboots of both have been conducted.

I've just been hit with "Print driver host for 32bit applications has stopped working" errors and a quick web-search hasn't turned up anything that would be an obvious remedy so wondered if anyone has experience of fixing this given that I could print test pages from (portable) LibreOffice and, perhaps surprisingly, from Notepad but in (portable) PDF-Xchange Viewer (v2.5) I got the error on every attempt to print until it suddenly decided to perform a 20-page job before throwing the error with the error now being intermittent with no obvious pattern.

Control Panel/Devices & Printers seems quite happy with this (default) printer.

Inevitably, certain universal laws mean that this has cropped up when I've a rush job on which is dependent on pdf printing. So it goes...

Cheers!

supremetwo
Lemon Quarter

Re: Print Driver problem

Postby supremetwo » September 6th, 2017, 3:04 pm

JonE wrote:Win7HP-64; Dell 3330dn ethernet connxn. Reboots of both have been conducted.

I've just been hit with "Print driver host for 32bit applications has stopped working" errors and a quick web-search hasn't turned up anything that would be an obvious remedy so wondered if anyone has experience of fixing this given that I could print test pages from (portable) LibreOffice and, perhaps surprisingly, from Notepad but in (portable) PDF-Xchange Viewer (v2.5) I got the error on every attempt to print until it suddenly decided to perform a 20-page job before throwing the error with the error now being intermittent with no obvious pattern.

Control Panel/Devices & Printers seems quite happy with this (default) printer.

Inevitably, certain universal laws mean that this has cropped up when I've a rush job on which is dependent on pdf printing. So it goes...

Cheers!

Pdf related, try:-

https://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf-reade ... print-pdf/

Presume you have the latest printer driver version:-

http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ ... egoryId=DD

JonE
Lemon Slice

Postby JonE » September 7th, 2017, 10:31 am

supremetwo wrote:Pdf related...

Not so sure. Haven't tried to print from enough file types (of differing origins) or programs. I had never seen this error before and nothing changed (to my knowledge) during a pretty lengthy period before it first happened. It's now become very obviously an intermittent problem which makes confirmation of behaviours and drawing of conclusions tricky (but has the virtue of not interrupting workflow so seriously).

I have (portable) Foxit but haven't got the time at the moment to properly test. A file could print without error using Foxit but it could also do the same with some other reader although the same error arising when using Foxit would (helpfully) indicate that the pdf-reader program being used at any one time isn't the root problem. I anticipate getting time to test on Sunday or Monday and will report back with findings.

Cheers!

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » September 7th, 2017, 2:39 pm

JonE wrote:Win7HP-64; Dell 3330dn ethernet connxn. Reboots of both have been conducted....
I've just been hit with "Print driver host for 32bit applications has stopped working" errors...

Both machines? Do you have the printer attached to one of them, acting as a server, with the other one printing to this shared printer? Is it an HP printer? If so, then this thread on TechNet is relevant. It appears you'll need to reinstall the printer on the server using the latest drivers, making sure you remove all traces of the old drivers first...
Curt.. wrote:So suddenly earlier in the week people started getting the, Print Driver host for 32bit applications has stopped working error, when they are printing to our HP Color LaserJet CP4525. This is happening with Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit clients....

Curt... wrote:Only when they print through the server shared version to they get the error messages...

Alan wrote:Make sure you do not have an old version of the HP driver file. https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Fo ... erverprint This is the HP software that will make a call out to the device. I'm not 100% sure why they do this.
Curt wrote:I downloaded the most current driver when I re-created the shared printer.
What seems to be working is the last comment on the post, rename hpbpro.dll to hpbpro.dllx I am currently testing this, but so far my test machine are working like normal again.
Alan wrote: Renaming is sometimes required. HP does a poor job of replacing with newer when the file already exists. The HP driver developer I used to work with at MS always did that when he was testing new versions of the driver...
Alan Morris formerly with Windows Printing Team
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Fo ... erverprint

JonE
Lemon Slice

Postby JonE » September 7th, 2017, 3:35 pm

Breelander wrote:
JonE wrote:Win7HP-64; Dell 3330dn ethernet connxn. Reboots of both have been conducted....
I've just been hit with "Print driver host for 32bit applications has stopped working" errors...

Both machines? Do you have the printer attached to one of them, acting as a server, with the other one printing to this shared printer? Is it an HP printer? If so, then this thread on TechNet is relevant.

Sincere apologies for wasting your time. Appallingly poor description of environment on my part due to excessive haste and inadequate thought.

PC running Win7HP-64 happens to be a 2010 Dell Optiplex tower (unusually, one sold by Dell without Windows). The Dell 3330dn is a networked printer.

For various reasons the other PCs and printers aren't in a condition to be up and running properly at the moment (both such printers are dried-up all-in-one HP inkjets but I only have them for the ADF scanners - one having been acquired a few days ago as a spare). The PCs have gradually dropped off with h/w faults and I've had too many interrupts to get around to attending to them.

Cheers!

AALIYAH

Postby AALIYAH » September 18th, 2021, 3:08 pm

hello everyone, here Aaliyah. I had just started a new job and had to give a presentation. I created a PDF and presented it well, but my boss told me that whenever I give a presentation, the PDF should be in the correct format and not whiteout. So when he suggested this blog to me, and I am delighted that I learned something new.
 have a set layout rather than being fluid or editable. It is quite challenging to make minor updates directly on documents that pass through your small business every day like me. it's a great option and to adobe acrobat :P

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”