Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34,Anonymous, for Donating to support the site

Problems with Yahoo

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Problems with Yahoo

Postby Bouleversee » June 28th, 2022, 11:43 am

Is anyone else having problems with Yahoo this morning? I can't download, send or delete any emails. Also if I click on any of the folders, a message tells me they are empty and refers me to a video which I haven't time or inclination to watch. I have a feeling it may be deliberate.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Re: Problems with Yahoo

Postby kempiejon » June 28th, 2022, 11:48 am

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » June 28th, 2022, 11:54 am

Many thanks, Kempiejon. I'll just have to wait till it's sorted.

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Postby kempiejon » June 28th, 2022, 12:15 pm

You're very welcome. Many years ago I ditched Yahoo, my experience with them was unsatisfactory, spam and nuisance connecting, that was a long time ago mind.

Watis
Lemon Quarter

Postby Watis » June 28th, 2022, 12:44 pm

Bouleversee wrote:Is anyone else having problems with Yahoo this morning? I can't download, send or delete any emails. Also if I click on any of the folders, a message tells me they are empty and refers me to a video which I haven't time or inclination to watch. I have a feeling it may be deliberate.

Hi Bouleversee, and all:

Yahoo Mail is back up for me, so it's likely working for everyone now.

Watis

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Postby Bouleversee » June 28th, 2022, 12:50 pm

Kempiejon - Yes, they do put ridiculous things in my spam folder, corres. from contacts which have absolutely no suggestion of spam and loads of advertising emails get into my inbox.. I'd like to switch too. Who are you with now?

Service seems to have resumed though one email I tried to send has disappeared into the ether.

Infrasonic
Lemon Quarter

Postby Infrasonic » June 28th, 2022, 1:35 pm

Bouleversee wrote:Kempiejon - Yes, they do put ridiculous things in my spam folder, corres. from contacts which have absolutely no suggestion of spam and loads of advertising emails get into my inbox.. I'd like to switch too. Who are you with now?

Service seems to have resumed though one email I tried to send has disappeared into the ether.

If contacts are going to spam that's probably because they are sending from addresses with email hosts who don't have full authentication protocols working, which is a failure at their end not at Yahoo. Or they might be sending from hosts who have grey/blocklisted SMTP IP addresses due to spammers sending email from those mail servers.

Check the message source headers from the legit spam foldered emails and see which bits have failed. SPF/DKIM/DMARC/ ARC etc.

Webmail like Outlook.com will allow you to make your Inbox 'exclusive' to contacts only (that's how mine is set up), but that won't solve the above issue of contacts failing authentication, it will just keep random spam out of your inbox.

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”