Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Panasonic TV Error Codes?

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
Andy46
2 Lemon pips

Panasonic TV Error Codes?

Postby Andy46 » July 6th, 2022, 10:06 pm

Hi,

I have a Panasonic TV model TX-43gx555b

It is on Standby and the LED is Red. If I press the button on the remote to turn it on, the light turns green and flashes approx 14 times. The screen remains blank. The LED then returns to Red.

I've searched the internet to see if the flashes give any clue as to what the error is, however all the info i find explains the meaning of a flashing red light, there is no mention of the meaning of a flashing green light. Any idea please before i resign myself to having to buy another. Its only 3 years old.

Does anyone have much experience of TV's, my last Panasonic TV didn't last long either, any idea what tends to be the best brand?

Thanks

Redmires
Lemon Slice

Re: Panasonic TV Error Codes?

Postby Redmires » July 6th, 2022, 10:17 pm

No idea on the codes but LG & Samsung seem to be the best of the bunch according to Which magazine. I've just bought an LG myself (after 30 years of Panasonics which were reliable) and am more than happy with it. Note: worth buying from John Lewis, Richer Sounds, Costco etc which give you 5 year guarantees.

GrahamPlatt
Lemon Quarter

Postby GrahamPlatt » July 6th, 2022, 10:25 pm

Samsung smart TVs have the “Tizen” OS - a sort of Linux. Most of the rest are flavours of Android. I have a Samsung… there are sometimes compatibility problems.

Stompa
Lemon Slice

Postby Stompa » July 6th, 2022, 10:48 pm

Presumably you've tried unplugging it from the mains for a few minutes then turning it back on?

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » July 6th, 2022, 11:43 pm

Andy46 wrote:I have a Panasonic TV model TX-43gx555b

It is on Standby and the LED is Red. If I press the button on the remote to turn it on, the light turns green and flashes approx 14 times. The screen remains blank. The LED then returns to Red....

....Does anyone have much experience of TV's, my last Panasonic TV didn't last long either....

I have had a Panasonic Viera TX-L32ET5B for 10 years now. In that time it has just the once, a few years ago, shown similar symptoms to the one you describe.

Stompa wrote:Presumably you've tried unplugging it from the mains for a few minutes then turning it back on?

That was exactly what I did to get it working again.

Infrasonic
Lemon Quarter

Postby Infrasonic » July 7th, 2022, 7:16 am

14 red flashes could be a main board, power board or another sub board issue according to a TV repair YT channel I watched.

The problem is the actual fault finding, the boards can be obtained from eBay relatively cheaply and replaced easily. (Unplug various ribbon cables and reverse with the new board).

https://www.oled-info.com/oled-tv

As of 2022, the leading company that produces OLED TV panels is LG Display - making panels ranging from 42-inch to 97-inch. These OLEDs offer the best image quality of all TVs on the market today. LGD is offering its OLED panels to many companies, including LG Electronics, Sony, Vizio and Panasonic.

In 2022 Samsung joined LGD and started to produce its own OLED TV variant, called QD-OLED (which is based on blue OLED emitters and quantum dots color conversion technology). Samsung is producing 55-inch and 65-inch QD-OLED TV panels.

I've seen this YT TV review channel recommended in several articles for being very thorough...https://www.youtube.com/c/hdtvtest/videos

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”