Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Photobucket

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
Nimrod103
Lemon Half

Photobucket

Postby Nimrod103 » January 14th, 2020, 8:23 pm

I have found browsing some sites, that the photos included are blurred and overlaid with the message 'host.store.share Photobucket'.
I have signed up to the free Photobucket site, but the pictures are still blurred out. What am I doing wrong?

staffordian
Lemon Quarter

Re: Photobucket

Postby staffordian » January 14th, 2020, 10:35 pm

I believe that Photobucket no longer hosts images, so users who uploaded images to Photobucket then linked to them in forum posts suddenly found that those images disappeared.

I've never used it so am relying on what I think I've read in the past, so this may not be 100% accurate, but I think the fault lies with Photobucket rather than anything you have or have not done.

Breelander
Lemon Quarter

Postby Breelander » January 14th, 2020, 11:21 pm

Nimrod103 wrote:I have found browsing some sites, that the photos included are blurred and overlaid with the message 'host.store.share Photobucket'.
I have signed up to the free Photobucket site, but the pictures are still blurred out. What am I doing wrong?

As has been said, it is Photobucket that has changed, nothing you did.

If you want to upload images to be displayed on sites like this one, then use https://imgur.com/ as I do. You don't even need to register on Imgur, you can upload images anonymously without signing in. Registering may make it easier to keep track on your images for later use, but I've never bothered to.

Infrasonic
Lemon Quarter

Postby Infrasonic » January 16th, 2020, 11:32 am

Breelander wrote:
Nimrod103 wrote:I have found browsing some sites, that the photos included are blurred and overlaid with the message 'host.store.share Photobucket'.

As has been said, it is Photobucket that has changed, nothing you did.

If you want to upload images to be displayed on sites like this one, then use https://imgur.com/ as I do. You don't even need to register on Imgur, you can upload images anonymously without signing in. Registering may make it easier to keep track on your images for later use, but I've never bothered to.

Thanks for that.
I've got a Flickr account but the torture of editing the URL's for successful hotlinking is ridiculous (and no doubt one of the reasons they are in trouble...).

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”