Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Very simple video editing software

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Very simple video editing software

Postby Clariman » March 25th, 2020, 12:03 pm

Mrs C and I have greatly amused ourselves by doing little videos (song, stories, being daft) for our grandson. We've just used one mobile phone, held by one of us or balanced on a bookcase. I've ordered a cheap tripod off Amazon to allow us to be more hands-free. However, it would be good to set up a second mobile phone to film from a different angle. So is there some very super simple software that would allow us to edit those 2 sound/videos into 1? Who knows we may get more advanced than that but that would be good for starters.

One phone is an iPhone, other is Android but do have another old Android one we could use.

Thanks
Clariman

Redmires
Lemon Slice

Re: Very simple video editing software

Postby Redmires » March 25th, 2020, 12:20 pm

You don't say if you are going to do this on a windows/IOS laptop but I've started using Shotcut recently and am very happy with it. It's free and open source and there's plenty of support, including tutorials etc

https://www.shotcut.org/tutorials/

Simply drag and drop the video clips to join, edit, do simple transitions etc and then export to a format of your choice, such as MP4.

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”