Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Scam Amazon email

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Scam Amazon email

Postby Bouleversee » April 6th, 2020, 6:56 pm

I presume the scammers weren't getting enough victims from their 'phone calls as they have now switched to emails, purporting to be from Amazon, saying they are unable to confirm details of my account and asking me to click on a link, which needless to say I didn't do.

Bizarrely, while I was forwarding this to stop-spoofing@amazon.com something flashed on and off my screen so quickly that I couldn't take it in precisely, but something about my emails being accessible to hackers. I suspect that that is another scam. Does this ring a bell with anyone else.

Alaric
Lemon Half

Re: Scam Amazon email

Postby Alaric » April 6th, 2020, 7:13 pm

Bouleversee wrote:I presume the scammers weren't getting enough victims from their 'phone calls

Would not the Call Centres they operate from have been closed down as isolation?

It's a question as to why it isn't illegal to phone people up and make false claims as to who you represent.

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”