Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Strange Icon and Strange e-mail from Plusnet

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
richfool
Lemon Quarter

Re: Strange Icon and Strange e-mail from Plusnet

Postby richfool » August 2nd, 2020, 7:02 pm

Breelander wrote:
richfool wrote:C Cleaner is very good. It removes cookies and unnecessary left over links and junk on your computer. It will also clear history if you wish.... I have it installed and use it, on my laptop.

True, but almost all it does can also be done from within Windows or your browser. Disk Clean-up cleans junk files, and cookies and the internet cache for IE and Edge. Fof non-MS browsers, all have their own options to clear cookies, their cache and history. The uninstall option in CCleaner will invoke the apps own uninstall option, same as unistalling from Settings would. CCleaner gathers it all together in one easy-to-use place, and is a little more thorough at removing Junk files. I do have it installed myself, but I still stand by my statement that it is not an essential program for the average user.

CCleaner has a registry cleaning option that really requires you to know what you're doing before using it. In fact I recommend that you don't even try. Registry cleaning has little if any effect on performance, and can cause problems of its own.

And it does all those clean up functions at one click. I don't need to go looking for how or where to delete cookies, clean junk files, internet caches etc. It also prompts me when I ought to run it.

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”