Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Portfolio Buy to let software?

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
staffordian
Lemon Quarter

Re: Portfolio Buy to let software?

Postby staffordian » August 21st, 2020, 8:02 pm

I'm guessing he doesn't want a bloated expensive commercial package, so my suggestion would be to look at Moneydance or a similar personal finance program.

I use Moneydance for my home accounts, but I understand that many use it for small business accounts.

It is very easy to set up as many income and expense categories as needed, eg one main category for each property, and as many subcategories beneath that as needed to account for income and expenses. Also, as many, or few bank, asset, or liability accounts can be set up as needed.

It's free to download, and play with, up to entering one hundred transactions, so it costs nothing to give it a whirl. And unlike some packages, it's a one off purchase. There are no ongoing charges and there is no compulsion to upgrade. There is also a reasonably active forum run by the developers if you come across any problems or have any questions.

I know I must sound like a salesman for it, but I'm just a satisfied user, having moved from Quicken a decade or more ago.

banjocountry

Re: Portfolio Buy to let software?

Postby banjocountry » August 22nd, 2020, 7:58 am

I recommend using Quick File.

Integrates with UK banks and allows you to create all your normal financial reporting (e.g. P&L, balance sheet, etc).

You can also give your accountant access to run the year end accounts or post any journals that may be required.

I used to use Xero and Quickbooks. To be honest both of them have more features than Quickfile but they're also considerably more expensive.

I run 3 sets of accounts at the moment so QuickFile makes sense for me and I don't miss the really advanced features as I don't need them.

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”