Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Replacement Virgin sim card.

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
Parky
Lemon Slice

Replacement Virgin sim card.

Postby Parky » August 24th, 2020, 8:09 am

Virgin texted me to say they will send me a replacement SIM card for my old one . Two weeks later nothing has arrived, so my old one will soon be shut down. I cannot get in touch with Virgin, every method (phone, webchat, text etc) sends me to the website, where there is no help. In desperation I texted to get a PAC number and move to a new network, but the reply said I must use the new SIM card to get a PAC number!

Any bright ideas of how to communicate with Virgin or move my number to another provider?

mutantpoodle
Lemon Quarter

Re: Replacement Virgin sim card.

Postby mutantpoodle » August 24th, 2020, 8:39 am

I had similar problem
as you say using the website...as they suggest...simply sends you round in a circle as they will not (well DO not) provide PAC following website request

i persevered on 789 and eventually got through..........try going to a different option rather than the 'thinking of leaving'...they will always keep 'leavers' waiting but will probably give more attention to other sales options

and as with all banks and other large 'couldnt care less' oerations
you will hear how they are suffering extra calls and have lower staff (furloughed of course) due to.......???????
so expect to wait longer!!

have your phone charger at hand!!

xeny
Lemon Slice

Postby xeny » August 24th, 2020, 12:00 pm

Parky wrote:
Any bright ideas of how to communicate with Virgin or move my number to another provider?

I needed to speak to them about another matter and got through on the phone after a ~ 20 minute wait.

Also, there's an option to request a PAC once you've logged in on the website, and that was working yesterday (I requested one, but ended up not needing it).

Infrasonic
Lemon Quarter

Postby Infrasonic » August 24th, 2020, 12:45 pm

I normally ring helplines 1 minute before they open in the morning, generally get through inside five minutes, often immediately.

Parky
Lemon Slice

Postby Parky » August 25th, 2020, 8:41 am

Thanks for the replies. I got through yesterday on 789 after a 35 minute wait, but was caught out because I had no information on my account or security questions. I wasn't aware that I had an account - I bought the sim card many years ago and just used it. I think the shop where I bought it may have registered it when they installed it (Carphone warehouse I think).
Anyway, the Virgin agent I spoke to was very unhelpful ("computer won't let me..." etc.), so I have given up with Virgin and will start again with another network. A nuisance to have to advise everyone of my new number though.

Infrasonic
Lemon Quarter

Postby Infrasonic » August 25th, 2020, 9:10 am

Register an account online with Virgin if you aren't on the system? It might explain why you haven't received the new Virgin SIM, they don't have your address...
You should be able to initiate the PAC code change (retaining your original number) to another network from the new networks end. There may be a temporary number in place for a few hours.

swill453
Lemon Half

Postby swill453 » August 25th, 2020, 9:19 am

You can now get a PAC by sending a text. See Ofcom page https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/la ... -switching

Scott.

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”