Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to mark88man,stirlo,johnstevens77,Rhyd6,87investor, for Donating to support the site

Easiest way to send a short video?

Seek assistance with technology
feder1
Lemon Slice
Posts: 293
Joined: November 8th, 2016, 8:28 am
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Easiest way to send a short video?

#339142

Postby feder1 » September 9th, 2020, 7:24 am

We sometimes wish to send a short video (taken with a mobile phone) to friends’ email addresses, that they can view straight away on the email.

Short means 10 seconds or less.

We cannot ask people to do anything other than click.

Any ideas please?

swill453
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 4029
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 6:11 pm
Has thanked: 306 times
Been thanked: 1378 times

Re: Easiest way to send a short video?

#339144

Postby swill453 » September 9th, 2020, 7:36 am

If you put it somewhere in the cloud, you should be able to send a link that people can watch by clicking.

Depending on what you've got to hand, suggestions might be:

- Tweet it and send a link to the tweet
- Post and Facebook and send a link
- Same for Youtube
- Put it on Google drive, make it shareable and send a link
- Same for Dropbox, Onedrive etc.

Probably other ways too.

Scott.

Snorvey
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 4168
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 12:51 pm
Has thanked: 1924 times
Been thanked: 2190 times

Re: Easiest way to send a short video?

#339148

Postby Snorvey » September 9th, 2020, 7:51 am

You could WhatsApp it to them (Not to their email address though)

swill453
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 4029
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 6:11 pm
Has thanked: 306 times
Been thanked: 1378 times

Re: Easiest way to send a short video?

#339150

Postby swill453 » September 9th, 2020, 8:03 am

Snorvey wrote:You could WhatsApp it to them (Not to their email address though)

I thought about that, but it needs the recipient to have a mobile phone, which may not be true.

Scott.

mc2fool
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 2209
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 11:24 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 644 times

Re: Easiest way to send a short video?

#339154

Postby mc2fool » September 9th, 2020, 8:51 am

Upload it to Imgur and send folks the link to it. Free, no signup necessary (either by you or the recipients), videos up to 60 seconds / 200MB.

https://imgur.com/upload

servodude
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 1911
Joined: November 8th, 2016, 5:56 am
Has thanked: 432 times
Been thanked: 475 times

Re: Easiest way to send a short video?

#339156

Postby servodude » September 9th, 2020, 8:56 am

mc2fool wrote:Upload it to Imgur and send folks the link to it. Free, no signup necessary (either by you or the recipients), videos up to 60 seconds / 200MB.

https://imgur.com/upload


Does Imgur make uploads public by default?

mc2fool
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 2209
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 11:24 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 644 times

Re: Easiest way to send a short video?

#339159

Postby mc2fool » September 9th, 2020, 9:14 am

servodude wrote:
mc2fool wrote:Upload it to Imgur and send folks the link to it. Free, no signup necessary (either by you or the recipients), videos up to 60 seconds / 200MB.

https://imgur.com/upload


Does Imgur make uploads public by default?

No. https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/201746817-Post-Privacy-Settings

servodude
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 1911
Joined: November 8th, 2016, 5:56 am
Has thanked: 432 times
Been thanked: 475 times

Re: Easiest way to send a short video?

#339160

Postby servodude » September 9th, 2020, 9:24 am

mc2fool wrote:
servodude wrote:
mc2fool wrote:Upload it to Imgur and send folks the link to it. Free, no signup necessary (either by you or the recipients), videos up to 60 seconds / 200MB.

https://imgur.com/upload


Does Imgur make uploads public by default?

No. https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/201746817-Post-Privacy-Settings


Thanks! I've used it only for posting to TLF and I never thought to check until now!


Return to “Computers, TVs & Phones”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests