Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Wi-fi extender socket at Aldi

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
didds
Lemon Half

Re: Wi-fi extender socket at Aldi

Postby didds » September 21st, 2020, 8:10 am

bungeejumper wrote:[
What he said. :D We couldn't ever get our TP Link homeplugs to work reliably, but our Devolos (including a wifi outlet) have been faultless from day one.

I've had devolo, TP-link, solwise and some other make ... all of them have worked perfectly. Until they didnt, then they've become a PITA to reconfigure from scratch to get them working again - sometimes never so needed replacing. Sometimes that period of working perfectly has been years, other times days.

Its all a bit smoke and mirrors frankly. Mesh seems to be a better solution but for us would require a purchase of over £200 of equipment to not know whether it will be better in the long term, and if it would provide covereage to where we now finally have it. I'm not interested in running a dual solution side by side as I've already got a single solution albeit potentially flakey

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » September 21st, 2020, 8:32 am

didds wrote:
mc2fool wrote:That's for ethernet, doesn't do wifi.

youc an get wifi homeplugs that use the mains power line connection to the router5 then provide wifi from their unit. Properly configured they provide a seamless wifi offering throughout a property on the same SSID and password

Yes, I know. I was referring to the specific one the poster linked to.

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » September 21st, 2020, 9:21 am

mc2fool wrote:
didds wrote:
mc2fool wrote:That's for ethernet, doesn't do wifi.

youc an get wifi homeplugs that use the mains power line connection to the router5 then provide wifi from their unit. Properly configured they provide a seamless wifi offering throughout a property on the same SSID and password

Yes, I know. I was referring to the specific one the poster linked to.

Gotcha!

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”