Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

a pair of bluetooth stereo speakers

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
didds
Lemon Half

a pair of bluetooth stereo speakers

Postby didds » November 26th, 2020, 11:36 pm

I'm looking for a pair of bluetooth connected, STEREO speakers for a bluetooth enabled turntable.

ie the turntable can connect via bluetooth to a speaker9s) to broadcast via the BT speaker(s).

I'm looking for a a pair of speakers that can thus operate via BT as stereo speakers.

I can find ones where ONE peaker is the active speaker connected bt BT but the second speaker is then cabled to that active speaker. Id rather find a pair that can work tortally non wired . Id imagine in a perfect worldd they would be battery powered for obvious non cabling reasons (but could be chargeable etc)

Budget is not huge but equally isnt £30 for a pair. The quality doesnt have to be full hifi brilliance - but equally cant eb baked bean tin down a well.

Any thoughts? Ill accept I dont really known what Im looking for other than a concept! I have googled but all ive found is small 5w speakers . Obvs Im not looking for Marshall stackable speakers either :-)

cheers

didds

servodude
Lemon Half

Re: a pair of bluetooth stereo speakers

Postby servodude » November 26th, 2020, 11:47 pm

didds wrote:Any thoughts?

Yeah it's always harder than it needs to be

I've managed to do it with a pair of UE Rolls for my phone & tablet

UE have a "double up" feature enabled by an app that links two of them (or more depending on the generation of speaker)
- and then you configure them to be L&R rather than 2 x stereo
- but what I can't tell you is whether that means they stay in this configuration for subsequent new source devices

- sd

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » November 27th, 2020, 6:00 am

didds wrote:
I'm looking for a a pair of speakers that can thus operate via Bluetooth as stereo speakers.

I can find ones where ONE speaker is the active speaker connected but Bluetooth but the second speaker is then cabled to that active speaker. I'd rather find a pair that can work totally non wired.

I'd imagine in a perfect world they would be battery powered for obvious non cabling reasons (but could be chargeable etc)

These little Anker bluetooth speakers are completely wireless didds, and this particular model can be paired together to deliver a true stereo sound-stage, if you were to buy two, of course -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Upgraded-SoundCore-Bluetooth-Waterproof/dp/B01MTB55WH

The black ones linked above are currently on offer at around £56 for two for the next three days (normally £86 for a stereo pair), and although I've never used the stereo-pairing capabilities, I can vouch for Anker Bluetooth speakers being of a very high quality, and I think if you've not heard the sound-stages that these things can produce nowadays, then I think that you'll be very pleasantly surprised at the great punch these little speakers can produce.

The battery life on these are good too, so I'd have a read of some of the Amazon user-reviews and see if they're something that might suit you. They're not active shelf-speakers, or floor-standers, which is where you'd get the very best sound-stage, of course, but if you're looking for a portable and wire-free solution, and one where the speakers can also be used for other 'portable sound' situations, then Anker would always be my go-to manufacturer given the great experience I've had of their products in the past.

Amazon and Anker also have top-notch customer services if there's any issues as well, which is always a nice bonus...

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

peejeev

Postby peejeev » December 1st, 2020, 11:20 pm

I was thinking of doing this with Sonos, does anyone know if you can? My turntable has both aux out and bluetooth. I quite like idea of being able two get 2 speakers. 1 for left and 1 right.

Grumpsimus
2 Lemon pips

Postby Grumpsimus » December 2nd, 2020, 11:01 am

peejeev wrote:I was thinking of doing this with Sonos, does anyone know if you can? My turntable has both aux out and bluetooth. I quite like idea of being able two get 2 speakers. 1 for left and 1 right.

Yes you can do this with Sonos. You will still need a mains cable for each speaker, apart from the Sonos Move. Fairly pricey.

tikunetih
Lemon Slice

Postby tikunetih » December 2nd, 2020, 12:04 pm

Grumpsimus wrote:
peejeev wrote:I was thinking of doing this with Sonos, does anyone know if you can? My turntable has both aux out and bluetooth. I quite like idea of being able two get 2 speakers. 1 for left and 1 right.

Yes you can do this with Sonos. You will still need a mains cable for each speaker, apart from the Sonos Move. Fairly pricey.

Whoa!

Not so fast. Getting turntable output into Sonos is likely to be a PITA and pricey.

OP would need either:
1. A Sonos speaker which has a line-in input, which only a Sonos (Play) 5 has. And they'd need a preamp wired between the turntable aux out and the Sonos line-in, unless the turntable already has a built-in preamp, which it might.
OR
2. A Sonos Port (or Connect) to accept the turntable output, and again they'd need either the tuner to have a built-in preamp or use an external one between the t.table and Port/(Connect) so that the line levels are suitable.
OR
3. Either of the two above, but using a BT receiver device (dirt cheap, tiny things, eg. plug-sized) which avoid the wired connection from turntable to Sonos (and avoid a preamp), but requires a Sonos 5 or Port to then accept the aux output from the BT receiver.

Few are going to do that lot, unless they're already invested in the Sonos ecosystem and getting the turntable working is a nice add-on. For the OP's use case, easier and cheaper options such as BT speakers look a lot more appealing on the face of it.

tikunetih
Lemon Slice

Postby tikunetih » December 2nd, 2020, 12:11 pm

PS Sonos stuff is good, but their walled-garden approach is likely to be a big issue for them in the longer term. I have a load of Sonos speakers but if I was starting from scratch today I'd be pretty wary of jumping in. They were pioneers of simple to use, good sounding and very reliable wireless home audio but the world's moving on, and when your competitors are Apple, Amazon and Google, life's only going to get harder IMO.

stevensfo
Lemon Quarter

Postby stevensfo » December 3rd, 2020, 9:27 am

didds wrote:I'm looking for a pair of bluetooth connected, STEREO speakers for a bluetooth enabled turntable.

ie the turntable can connect via bluetooth to a speaker9s) to broadcast via the BT speaker(s).

I'm looking for a a pair of speakers that can thus operate via BT as stereo speakers.

I can find ones where ONE peaker is the active speaker connected bt BT but the second speaker is then cabled to that active speaker. Id rather find a pair that can work tortally non wired . Id imagine in a perfect worldd they would be battery powered for obvious non cabling reasons (but could be chargeable etc)

Budget is not huge but equally isnt £30 for a pair. The quality doesnt have to be full hifi brilliance - but equally cant eb baked bean tin down a well.

Any thoughts? Ill accept I dont really known what Im looking for other than a concept! I have googled but all ive found is small 5w speakers . Obvs Im not looking for Marshall stackable speakers either :-)

cheers

didds

I also recommend the Anker speakers. You simply connect bluetooth to one, then press a button on the second speaker and they both make a series of beeps, indicating that they are communicating and working in stereo.
Two 12 watts would probably be sufficient for you. I checked a few places on Youtube where they show how to download the Anker app and improve the sound by changing the EQ settings, but I honestly can't be bothered.

Steve

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » December 3rd, 2020, 5:00 pm

Heads up - I got the Anker sepakers and have thus far tested them briefly with my phone. very impressed - love the way that once they are p[aiored if you turn one off the other turns off too! LOL.

thanks for the heads up everyone and I also managed to squeeze totally accidemntally into the BF sale that Itsallaguess pointed me at.

happy times`!

didds

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » December 3rd, 2020, 6:42 pm

didds wrote:
Heads up - I got the Anker sepakers and have thus far tested them briefly with my phone. very impressed - love the way that once they are p[aiored if you turn one off the other turns off too! LOL.

thanks for the heads up everyone and I also managed to squeeze totally accidemntally into the BF sale that Itsallaguess pointed me at.

happy times`!

Good of you to report back didds, and great to hear that you're chuffed with the Anker blue-tooth 'stereo' performance too..

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » December 3rd, 2020, 10:07 pm

Itsallaguess wrote:
didds wrote:
Heads up - I got the Anker sepakers and have thus far tested them briefly with my phone. very impressed - love the way that once they are paiord if you turn one off the other turns off too! LOL.

happy times`!

Good of you to report back didds, and great to hear that you're chuffed with the Anker blue-tooth 'stereo' performance too..

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Can I ask if once they are paired they look like a single device to future sources?

I've only ever got my UE Rolls to work as true independent L & R speakers using the phone running their app (but they are a few years old)
- it's easy to get them to work where each duplicates the other (in local stereo) but that's not what I want

If the Ankers do this easily they might be worth a punt
-sd

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » December 4th, 2020, 5:59 am

servodude wrote:
Itsallaguess wrote:
didds wrote:
Heads up - I got the Anker sepakers and have thus far tested them briefly with my phone. very impressed - love the way that once they are paired, if you turn one off the other turns off too! LOL.

thanks for the heads up everyone and I also managed to squeeze totally accidentally into the BF sale that Itsallaguess pointed me at.

happy times`!

Can I ask if once they are paired they look like a single device to future sources?

I've only ever got my UE Rolls to work as true independent L & R speakers using the phone running their app (but they are a few years old)

- it's easy to get them to work where each duplicates the other (in local stereo) but that's not what I want

The Anker SountCore 2 'stereo-pairing' uses a technology called 'TWS' (True Wireless Stereo), where you initially 'pair' the two speakers using Bluetooth, and then once they are 'paired' themselves, with one becoming the 'Master', and one becoming the 'Slave', you then just connect to the 'Master' device with your bluetooth sound-source..

There's a good Amazon Q&A that describes the specific process for the Anker SoundCore 2 speakers here -

If you put 'TWS' into the search box on the following page (which is also the source for the above image), then you'll see that your question is answered a number of times by Anker themselves.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ask/questions/asin/B01MTB55WH/3/ref=ask_ql_psf_ql_hza?isAnswered=true

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » December 4th, 2020, 6:08 am

Itsallaguess wrote:
servodude wrote:
Itsallaguess wrote:

The Anker SountCore 2 'stereo-pairing' uses a technology called 'TWS' (True Wireless Stereo), where you initially 'pair' the two speakers using Bluetooth, and then once they are 'paired' themselves, with one becoming the 'Master', and one becoming the 'Slave', you then just connect to the 'Master' device with your bluetooth sound-source..

There's a good Amazon Q&A that describes the specific process for the Anker SoundCore 2 speakers here -

If you put 'TWS' into the search box on the following page (which is also the source for the above image), then you'll see that your question is answered a number of times by Anker themselves.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ask/questions/asin/B01MTB55WH/3/ref=ask_ql_psf_ql_hza?isAnswered=true

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

that sounds like it works as I would hope!
thanks for the detail
- I'll add them to my watch list

- sd

servodude
Lemon Half

Postby servodude » April 9th, 2021, 6:30 am

servodude wrote:
Itsallaguess wrote:
servodude wrote:

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

that sounds like it works as I would hope!
thanks for the detail
- I'll add them to my watch list

- sd

These seem to be being offered for sale at a very reasonable price these days..

so this pair arrived on my desk today

..and I'm impressed with the size, response and functionality

and much easier to get in to a true stereo mode than my UE Rolls were
- and they have really good definition in the low range (possibly because they feel very weighty for their size)

Thanks for the recommendation
- sd

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”