Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Home internet phone with speaker & microphone integrated

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
NomoneyNohoney
Lemon Slice

Home internet phone with speaker & microphone integrated

Postby NomoneyNohoney » December 13th, 2020, 2:09 pm

I wonder if I could explain a situation, and see if anyone has any ideas.

My wife spends a fair amount of time using Messenger and WhatsApp to keep in touch with family round the world, using her phone.
Her phone has an audio problem, where the microphone volume is very low on these internet apps, but is fine on phone calls.

Now, I have used IP phones in conferences, which have their own audio amplifiers and microphones, and it would be very convenient to have a separate phone on a coffee table, so that chatting would be totally hands free.

Office VOIP phones don't work on home systems, but DAK of something similar, which could connect either by wifi to the home network, or if necessary, by Bluetooth to her phone (which I assume would sidestep the audio problem.)

Pointers and suggestions appreciated, for me to investigate.

AF62
Lemon Quarter

Re: Home internet phone with speaker & microphone integrated

Postby AF62 » December 13th, 2020, 7:20 pm

I do a lot of Teams calls with work and as I have a work iPhone as well as a work laptop then I will dial into the call on both at the same time and use a set of AirPods to listen and speak on the calls. Works well as I can wander around whilst the call takes place as by convention we don’t use video on Teams calls.

So perhaps this or similar Bluetooth earphones would solve the problem.

Jenesia021

Postby Jenesia021 » January 18th, 2024, 11:27 am

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this experienced issues with the microphone in WhatsApp on your iPhone, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially fix the problem:-
1. Check Microphone Permission:-
-Make sure that WhatsApp has permission to access the microphone. Go to "Settings" > "Privacy" > "Microphone" and ensure that WhatsApp is
toggled on.
2. Restart WhatsApp:-
-Close the WhatsApp app completely and then reopen it. Double-press the home button (or swipe up from the bottom on models without a home
button) to view the app switcher. Swipe up on the WhatsApp preview to close the app. Alternatively, on newer iPhones without a home button, swipe
up from the bottom and pause in the middle of the screen, then swipe left or right to find WhatsApp and swipe it up to close it.
3. Restart Your iPhone:-
-A simple restart can often resolve temporary issues. Turn off your iPhone, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
4. Update WhatsApp:-
-Make sure you are using the latest version of WhatsApp. Open the App Store, go to the "Updates" tab, and check if there's an update available for
WhatsApp. If yes, update the app.
5. Check for iOS Updates:-
-Ensure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. Updates may include bug fixes and improvements. Go to "Settings" > "General" > "Software
Update" to check for updates.
6. Reset Microphone Settings:-
-Go to "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Reset All Settings." This won't delete your data but will reset system settings, including microphone settings.
Afterward, you may need to reconfigure some settings.

If the problem persists after trying these steps, it may be worth contacting Apple Support for further assistance, as there could be a hardware-related issue with the microphone on your iPhone.

Infrasonic
Lemon Quarter

Postby Infrasonic » January 18th, 2024, 11:23 pm

Recent headphones can have bluetooth multipoint options allowing them to be logged on to two BT sources.

I've got Sony WH-1000XM5's but I think the cheaper WH-CH720N's also do multi point (as well as having dedicated function buttons rather than touch gestures).
Built in multi microphones and noise cancelling options with ambient/auto/max NC settings capability.

In my case I generally flip around my two phones (separate numbers), a W10 PC + a Chromebook laptop.

That way incoming phone/VoIP app calls will alert over the top of any music apps like YT/Spotify playing at the time, auto caller announce / answer can be set up if needed depending on the source device functionality (Pixel 6a + Pixel 8 Pro in my case which will both do all of that).

I also have a Pixel 2 smartwatch which can be used with the mobiles and BT headphones interactively. Handy for leaving the phones lying around my flat and using the watch as the alert/answer medium for calls/SMS/emails et al.

Gerry557
Lemon Quarter

Postby Gerry557 » January 19th, 2024, 7:28 am

Have you tried a portable speaker such as a jbl flip. I think they have a microphone built in too.

Use that connected to your phone and it should sound better too. I think you have the option of a Bluetooth or a wired jack connector.

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Postby csearle » January 19th, 2024, 9:54 am

Jenesia021 wrote:I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this experienced issues with the microphone in WhatsApp on your iPhone, there are several steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially fix the problem...
Hi Jenesia021, welcome to The Lemon Fool! Thanks for that. Which step worked? Chris

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”