Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Laptop died after update.

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
Andy46
2 Lemon pips

Laptop died after update.

Postby Andy46 » February 27th, 2021, 1:30 pm

Hi.

My Dell 5559 Inspiron Laptops support assistant software popped up last night as it often does. I clicked accept and it started cleaning temp folders etc and downloaded updates. I didnt really take much notice wat it was doing but i think one of them was a memory / bios update. Low and behold, i turned it on this morning and there is a major error. After failing to automatically resolve it the laptop gives me the option of booting from a USB device which ive tried and all it does is re start and take me back to ask if id like to boot from a usb device. Another option is to reset the pc but it asks for my outmook password. Now i can log into my outlook email from my phone with my password. But when i enter the same password on my laptoo it says its incorrect. Any ideas before i head to the shop to reluctantly buy another one? Thanks

Andy46
2 Lemon pips

Re: Laptop died after update.

Postby Andy46 » February 27th, 2021, 2:17 pm

Decided the only option was to do a factiry reset and im pleased to say its looking ok now.

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”