Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Phone case fingerprint disk issue

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
csearle
Lemon Quarter

Phone case fingerprint disk issue

Postby csearle » April 7th, 2021, 5:22 pm

Hi,

I have been using a robust smartphone case since december in fairly hostile environments but tiny bits of dust and stuff have managed to get between the screen and the clear plastic screen cover. This became irritating as the bits conspired with pixels to change my spelling!

I decided to simply take it off and clean it, which I did. The problem I am having is that in the lower centre of the clear plastic cover there is a disc which is (or maybe "was" might be more accurate) slightly more clingy. This, during installation, I was required to press onto the screen quite firmly to expel any air bubbles. It is where the fingerprint reading goes on.

Now only half of this disc wants to cling to my screen. My fingerprint is no longer recognised through this case.

Is there some way of improving the interface between the disc and the phone's screen to make it cling again (obviously without damaging the screen) or must I resign myself to buying three cases a year and treating that like an ongoing expense (much like the phone contract itself)?

Thanks,
Chris

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”