Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

ATA recommendations?

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
yorkshirelad1
Lemon Slice

ATA recommendations?

Postby yorkshirelad1 » May 30th, 2021, 12:13 am

Any recommendations for an ATA (Analogue Telephone adapter). The most popular seem to be Cisco, Grandstream and Linksys.

I have an old landline number ported onto sipgate, and may want to port another landline number onto sipgate so a two-port ATA would be good.
Nothing too advanced needed. Some decent configuration interface would be nice with some sort of facility to display incoming CLID (nice but not necessary).
I currently have a Vigor Draytek 2830Vn which has a two port ATA built in, but it's time to replace the Vigor Draytek, and I don't need the full functionality of the Vigor Draytek any more, so am aiming to get a simpler router without built in ATA so need to go free standing ATA.
I'm probably going to change my ISP shortly (probably to BT Fibre for various reasons), so will probably get a new router/modem with that.

I have seen https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=23954

All thoughts and things to watch out for welcome.
TIA

Bminusrob
Lemon Slice

Re: ATA recommendations?

Postby Bminusrob » May 30th, 2021, 9:08 am

I use a Cisco SPA122 very successfully. It has two ports, and has never caused me any problems. The Grandstream one also looks good on paper, but I have no experience of it in use.

When I first started with sipgate, I bought a very cheap Fanvil ATA adapter, but never made it work fully. Despite the best efforts of their and Sipgate's technical people, I could only get it to accept incoming calls, but not make outgoing calls.

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”