Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

All 4 app downloads

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
swill453
Lemon Half

All 4 app downloads

Postby swill453 » July 4th, 2021, 6:14 pm

I have the Channel 4 app "All 4" on both my Huawei phone and my Acer tablet, both Android devices.

On the phone I can download (some) programmes for later offline viewing. However on the tablet the app doesn't show download as an option for any programme, nor is there a Downloads menu option to see downloads.

Is this something Channel 4 have done deliberately, to allow downloads on a 5 inch phone but not on a 10 inch tablet? Or is there some other reason?

Scott.

AF62
Lemon Quarter

Re: All 4 app downloads

Postby AF62 » July 4th, 2021, 6:27 pm

Probably.

The rights holders of the shows will insist on some sort of rights management, and it is possible the phone OS supports it but the tablet doesn't so has a different version.

All completely pointless of course as anything you want to watch is available 'out there', and it reminds me of the days when DVDs came with masses of unskipable adverts and 'don't pirate this' warnings, but the pirate versions didn't...

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”