Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

TaxCalc on Linux

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
ten0rman
Lemon Slice

Re: TaxCalc on Linux

Postby ten0rman » March 27th, 2023, 5:24 pm

When I changed to Linux, 2013? or thereabouts, Taxcalc was one of the programs I had problems with, indeed it was the only program I could not get working satisfactorily under Linux. In fact, I managed to lock it up due to, ISTR, excessive installation useage (if that makes sense!). A phone call to the TaxCalc people, an explanation of what I was trying to do, and it was released. But to no avail! So I abandoned it in favour of HMRC's offering.

ISTR printing was the problem, in that I couldn't! Also, ISTR something about Taxcalc only working to W7 or later, and I stopped at XP, although I think it was supposed to work with XP, but not guaranteed.

Then, of course, I didn't have to fork out any fees!

Just for the record, prior to this self-inflicted failure, I did find Taxcalc east to use, so it may well have been very unlikely that the HMRC offering would have got a look in.

ten0rman

scrumpyjack
Lemon Quarter

Re: TaxCalc on Linux

Postby scrumpyjack » March 27th, 2023, 6:32 pm

I use Taxcalc on WIndows and looking at their support pages they say there is now a Linux version

https://kb.taxcalc.com/index.php?CategoryID=73

If you are having problems their technical support should be able to help

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”