Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

A second mobile

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
fourtwentyfour
2 Lemon pips

A second mobile

Postby fourtwentyfour » October 20th, 2021, 9:26 pm

If I were to buy a second phone, a cheap one with only calls and text, could I fit a sim with the same number as that in my other phone, and use them alternativly, ie never both at once, on the same network?

Infrasonic
Lemon Quarter

Re: A second mobile

Postby Infrasonic » October 20th, 2021, 9:42 pm

Vodafone used to offer that service but I can't see it on their website currently - think it was called MultiSim.

PhaseThree

Postby PhaseThree » October 20th, 2021, 9:58 pm

Infrasonic wrote:Vodafone used to offer that service but I can't see it on their website currently - think it was called MultiSim.

It was - from my memory of it you had to remember to type in a code to nominate which phone was the designated receiver. My boss used the service and could never be contacted because he had forgotten to switch over when switching phones.
A lot easier to forward calls from the main phone to the secondary when required or if it goes unanswered,

Infrasonic
Lemon Quarter

Postby Infrasonic » October 20th, 2021, 10:13 pm

PhaseThree wrote:
Infrasonic wrote:Vodafone used to offer that service but I can't see it on their website currently - think it was called MultiSim.

It was - from my memory of it you had to remember to type in a code to nominate which phone was the designated receiver. My boss used the service and could never be contacted because he had forgotten to switch over when switching phones.
A lot easier to forward calls from the main phone to the secondary when required or if it goes unanswered,

Or these days just get two cheap SIM only deals and use a single SiP number on top with either phone.

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Postby jackdaww » October 21st, 2021, 7:50 am

how do you actually get hold of a further sim having the same number as an existing ?

:? :?

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”