Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Emails not deleted from server when deleted from outlook

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
Andy46
2 Lemon pips

Emails not deleted from server when deleted from outlook

Postby Andy46 » November 14th, 2021, 12:30 pm

Hi,

I use BT as my email provider. I download my emails into outlook and view them from there. Even though i have ticked the Outlook option to remove from server when deleted from Outlook deleted folder, they do not delete from the server. Any ideas please?

Thanks

Midsmartin
Lemon Slice

Re: Emails not deleted from server when deleted from outlook

Postby Midsmartin » November 15th, 2021, 2:39 pm

There is some discussion of a similar problem here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/out ... ea2deab4f1

Conclusions from that thread:
1) check for any available updates of your Outlook version. Gernerally this happens automatically for newer Office365-related installations.

2) Check for excessive amounts of messages - eg empty the junk folder on the BT web mail. When it's slimmed down a bit, it may work correctly.

Infrasonic
Lemon Quarter

Postby Infrasonic » November 16th, 2021, 7:24 am

I've always found BT email very flaky - sometimes it works as intended, sometimes not. It hasn't gotten any better over the years.

BobGe
Lemon Slice

Postby BobGe » November 19th, 2021, 9:29 am

Andy46 wrote:Hi,

I use BT as my email provider. I download my emails into outlook and view them from there. Even though i have ticked the Outlook option to remove from server when deleted from Outlook deleted folder, they do not delete from the server. Any ideas please?

Thanks

Were you using BTYahoo and have been migrated to BT by any chance...

Andy46
2 Lemon pips

Postby Andy46 » November 20th, 2021, 2:07 pm

BobGe wrote:
Andy46 wrote:Hi,

Thanks

Were you using BTYahoo and have been migrated to BT by any chance...

I'm not sure. I have had the same @btinternet.com address for probbaly 30 years though which means i have seperate logins for the account which holds my BT email to the account which holds my landline phone bill. I've asked BT about merging these accounts a few times mainly because my understanding is that because my email account isn't linked to my phone account i could end up losing it through inactivity, this and i'd prefer only to have one login. BT however didn't have a clue what i was talking about and it was like talking to the wall, so I gave up presuming it was me who was asking the impossible.

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”