Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Rant: Coming soon to a screen near you, the New iPlayer layout

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Rant: Coming soon to a screen near you, the New iPlayer layout

Postby bungeejumper » December 2nd, 2021, 12:50 pm

An old fart writes:

Well, at least I've read the explanation now as to why I can't read the iPlayer menus any more on my 24 inch smart TV. The buggers have redesigned the control screen so as to work better on an 80 inch set. God rot their socks. I now need a pair of opera glasses to find my way around. :(

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/sc ... -Whats-New

It was only last Monday that my TV's iPlayer screen started with all this malarky. Instead of the main menu running horizontally across the top of the screen, with big pictures all the way for selecting between channels, the menu now runs vertically down the left side, with just a mingy little column of icons, and no pictures at all. Well, not unless you count the default promotional picture which now takes up two thirds of the screen. That compulsory main picture might be Doctor Who on a good day, I suppose, but then again it might be Ru Paul's Drag Race. Just the thing to set the mood for an evening of culture and sober documentary analysis. Harrumph.

If you only ever use iPlayer on your computer, you won't know what I'm on about because it hasn't changed. Yet!

Double harrumph. :evil:

BJ

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Re: Rant: Coming soon to a screen near you, the New iPlayer layout

Postby kempiejon » December 2nd, 2021, 2:10 pm

Yarp, this monring I spend an extra couple of minutes working out how to change channels on the fireTV stick as they'd swapped the menu to the side and made it smaller.

bluedonkey
Lemon Quarter

Re: Rant: Coming soon to a screen near you, the New iPlayer layout

Postby bluedonkey » December 2nd, 2021, 3:33 pm

Wait until the 200 inch TVs come out. Bigger, better, newer!

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”