Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

PlusNet T&C's - unreasonable?

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
Maroochydore
Lemon Slice

PlusNet T&C's - unreasonable?

Postby Maroochydore » May 4th, 2022, 5:55 pm

I've just had an e-mail from PlusNet updating their T&C's. One issue caught my eye:

2. Your use of the services
2.1. You must:
2.1.1. provide access to your property or a neighbouring property where this is necessary for us to provide the services;

Can I be in breach of my contract if a neighbour refuses access to an engineer. Sounds like an unfair condition.

Any thoughts?

XFool
The full Lemon

Re: PlusNet T&C's - unreasonable?

Postby XFool » May 4th, 2022, 6:07 pm

Maroochydore wrote:Can I be in breach of my contract if a neighbour refuses access to an engineer. Sounds like an unfair condition.

Any thoughts?

Surely it's more a case of if you cannot make provision for such access (which may prove to be the case) then they (actually Openreach) may not be able to do work needed for Plusnet to provide you with the service they agreed to supply to you?

Mike4
Lemon Half

Re: PlusNet T&C's - unreasonable?

Postby Mike4 » May 4th, 2022, 11:23 pm

XFool wrote:
Maroochydore wrote:Can I be in breach of my contract if a neighbour refuses access to an engineer. Sounds like an unfair condition.

Any thoughts?

Surely it's more a case of if you cannot make provision for such access (which may prove to be the case) then they (actually Openreach) may not be able to do work needed for Plusnet to provide you with the service they agreed to supply to you?

I was thinking similarly. If they need access to a neighbour's property and it is refused, it means you can't sue them for breach of contract.

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”