Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

SSDs instead of hard drives

Seek assistance with all types of tech. - computer, phone, TV, heating controls etc.
Lanark
Lemon Quarter

Re: SSDs instead of hard drives

Postby Lanark » December 17th, 2023, 3:57 pm

Sandisk SD cards generally have a pretty good reputation, however as a result they are heavily counterfeited. Buying from somewhere reputable i.e. not Ebay or Amazon is to be recommended.

jaizan
Lemon Slice

Postby jaizan » December 17th, 2023, 7:36 pm

Lanark wrote:Buying from somewhere reputable i.e. not Ebay or Amazon is to be recommended.

I've never purchased any form of storage device of Ebay or Amazon marketplace & probably never will.
I have purchased such product sold directly by Amazon.

I also won't touch any of the "factory recertified" stuff. WD seem to sell a lot of that.

Lanark
Lemon Quarter

Postby Lanark » December 17th, 2023, 7:56 pm

jaizan wrote:
Lanark wrote:Buying from somewhere reputable i.e. not Ebay or Amazon is to be recommended.

I've never purchased any form of storage device of Ebay or Amazon marketplace & probably never will.
I have purchased such product sold directly by Amazon.

I also won't touch any of the "factory recertified" stuff. WD seem to sell a lot of that.

"directly by Amazon" often means you still get an item from a marketplace seller thanks to the Fullfillment by Amazon (FBA) programme which mixes everything on the same warehouse shelves, no matter which seller.

Even if it looks like right now, no sellers of an item have qualified for FBA or there are no 3rd party sellers listed at all, that's still no guarantee the items on the Amazon shelf didn't come from an FBA seller (perhaps one who has been kicked out for selling 'poor quality' conterfeits).

This is how Jeff Bezos is so rich!

Return to “Technology - Computers, TV, Phones etc.”