Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to uspaul666,WrongLicence388,CryptoPlankton,Anonymous,Instep, for Donating to support the site

Tumble dryer options

Does what it says on the tin
scrumpyjack
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 1370
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 10:15 am
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 561 times

Re: Tumble dryer options

#357321

Postby scrumpyjack » November 17th, 2020, 11:32 am

Have a condenser dryer but try, and mostly succeed, to never use it. Apart from the wasted energy, when you look at the fluff in the filter you can see it ruins your clothes, particularly cotton. Plastic clothes (sorry nylon etc) may be OK but wool or cotton - not a good idea.

Clothes racks work well, inside or outdoors.

swill453
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 4305
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 6:11 pm
Has thanked: 362 times
Been thanked: 1497 times

Re: Tumble dryer options

#357845

Postby swill453 » November 18th, 2020, 5:06 pm

scrumpyjack wrote:Have a condenser dryer but try, and mostly succeed, to never use it. Apart from the wasted energy, when you look at the fluff in the filter you can see it ruins your clothes, particularly cotton. Plastic clothes (sorry nylon etc) may be OK but wool or cotton - not a good idea.

But then you don't know how much fluff comes off your clothes when they're blowing in the wind on your clothes line.

Scott.

scrumpyjack
Lemon Quarter
Posts: 1370
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 10:15 am
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 561 times

Re: Tumble dryer options

#357846

Postby scrumpyjack » November 18th, 2020, 5:08 pm

swill453 wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:Have a condenser dryer but try, and mostly succeed, to never use it. Apart from the wasted energy, when you look at the fluff in the filter you can see it ruins your clothes, particularly cotton. Plastic clothes (sorry nylon etc) may be OK but wool or cotton - not a good idea.

But then you don't know how much fluff comes off your clothes when they're blowing in the wind on your clothes line.

Scott.


Normally they are on a rack indoors so I would see if any fibres come out

richlist
Lemon Slice
Posts: 809
Joined: November 4th, 2016, 3:54 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 179 times

Re: Tumble dryer options

#357885

Postby richlist » November 18th, 2020, 6:57 pm

scrumpyjack wrote:
swill453 wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:Have a condenser dryer but try, and mostly succeed, to never use it. Apart from the wasted energy, when you look at the fluff in the filter you can see it ruins your clothes, particularly cotton. Plastic clothes (sorry nylon etc) may be OK but wool or cotton - not a good idea.

But then you don't know how much fluff comes off your clothes when they're blowing in the wind on your clothes line.

Scott.


Normally they are on a rack indoors so I would see if any fibres come out


The fibres in the tumble dryer are there because there is a system to capture them. The fact that you don't see any fibres when your clothes are drying on a rack isn't surprising and doesn't mean your clothes are not shedding fibres.

I doubt you get down on your hands and knees to check around the edges of rooms before the vacuum cleaner hoovers them up ? and you don't see loose fibres shedding as you exit the front door and the wind blows through your clothes. Just because you don't see them doesn't mean there are no loose fibres.


Return to “Building and DIY”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dod101, Mike4 and 4 guests