Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,bruncher,niord,gvonge,Shelford, for Donating to support the site

Home improvements for selling

Does what it says on the tin
DrFfybes
Lemon Quarter

Re: Home improvements for selling

Postby DrFfybes » December 15th, 2022, 11:22 am

MyNameIsUrl wrote:
zico wrote:When to sell? That's the next big question I have, so would appreciate your input. I'll need to fix the small patches of damp on a main room first. I'm not in a desperate rush to sell, but don't want to put the house on the market when there's very little interest.

My impression is that nowadays people visit relatively few houses - the majority of the 'viewing' is done online, and people will have plenty of browsing time over the winter evenings. You do need to get good professional photos, especially of selling points like the good view.

Exactly - I was told that the 2 things people do over the Xmas holiday are sit on the internet looking at holidays, and sit on the internet looking at houses.

Even if the repairs aren't done, carefully chosen photos will suffice and you can crack on whilst the paperwork is being completed.

We sold our last place the first afternoon after lockdown. We'd started the process beforehand, but we noticed people walking past a lot more. We took the internal piccies, the agent did the garden, and dropped off the 'For Sale' sign on the way past on his daily walk with is family. Someone walking their dog saw it every day and by the end of May had decided they wanted it, they just needed to see inside to make sure.

If it isn't on the market, nobody knows it is for sale.

Paul

Return to “Building and DIY”