Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Titan DIY wet and dry hoover offer

Does what it says on the tin
Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Titan DIY wet and dry hoover offer

Postby Itsallaguess » November 10th, 2019, 3:32 pm

I'm fairly sure that like me, there are a few here that might own up to killing domestic vacuum's when overdoing the 'I was just cleaning this little bit of plaster-dust up' after finishing the odd job or six...

A while back I got a dedicated Titan 'wet and dry' vacuum cleaner from Screwfix, and they are absolutely fantastic as a pure 'DIY hoover', and to keep in the garage for those really dirty clean-up jobs that we always knew were a bit too much for the in-house Meile...

Anyhow, the 16ltr version is currently on offer from Screwfix, with a tenner off it's normal price, bringing the cost down to around £35 -

https://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-ttb350vac-1300w-16ltr-wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner-240v/36516

They can also be turned into a 'blower' if required, and they really are very tough and versatile. The user-reviews on the above Screwfix link will speak for themselves, and I originally bought on the back of the number of jobbing builders who said they keep one of these in their vans.

Maybe something for those Christmas lists....

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: Titan DIY wet and dry hoover offer

Postby kiloran » November 10th, 2019, 3:51 pm

Itsallaguess wrote:I'm fairly sure that like me, there are a few here that might own up to killing domestic vacuum's when overdoing the 'I was just cleaning this little bit of plaster-dust up' after finishing the odd job or six...

A while back I got a dedicated Titan 'wet and dry' vacuum cleaner from Screwfix, and they are absolutely fantastic as a pure 'DIY hoover', and to keep in the garage for those really dirty clean-up jobs that we always knew were a bit too much for the in-house Meile...

Anyhow, the 16ltr version is currently on offer from Screwfix, with a tenner off it's normal price, bringing the cost down to around £35 -

https://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-ttb350vac-1300w-16ltr-wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner-240v/36516

They can also be turned into a 'blower' if required, and they really are very tough and versatile. The user-reviews on the above Screwfix link will speak for themselves, and I originally bought on the back of the number of jobbing builders who said they keep one of these in their vans.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

I'm not convinced that my wife would appreciate one of those for christmas ;)

--kiloran

EssDeeAitch
Lemon Slice

Postby EssDeeAitch » November 10th, 2019, 4:52 pm

A mate of mine bought his wife an extra vacuum cleaner to keep upstairs. It would save her the trouble of lugging one up and down.

He is the same chap that on his Coral anniversary took his wife to the bookies.

Back on post - I will be poping down to Screwfix as I have just killed our Henry

Laughton
Lemon Slice

Postby Laughton » November 10th, 2019, 6:17 pm

Is he still married??

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » November 10th, 2019, 6:55 pm

Laughton wrote:
Is he still married??

No, but you should see his carpets!

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » November 11th, 2019, 8:07 am

kiloran wrote:
Itsallaguess wrote:

I'm not convinced that my wife would appreciate one of those for christmas ;)

Then it's a win-win scenario, wouldn't you agree?

You either get to see the unbridled joy of an unexpected gift, or, in the extremely slim chance of an angry, disappointed present-opener, you've then got something to clear the smashed ornaments up that hopefully missed your head!

I've got to say that it's the avoidance of this sort of risk-taking that's killing Christmas, if I'm quite honest...

:D

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Postby kiloran » November 11th, 2019, 10:14 am

Itsallaguess wrote:
..........in the extremely slim chance of an angry, disappointed present-opener, you've then got something to clear the smashed ornaments up that hopefully missed your head!

Itsallaguess

Being a wet and dry cleaner, I suppose it would be good for cleaning up the blood.

--kiloran

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » November 11th, 2019, 1:56 pm

Both my vacuum cleaners[1] have been dealing with a certain amount of building and DIY rubble of late. I'm disturbed to hear it might be fatal to them. Is that down to abrasive qualities, or what? And what should I look out for, bearing in mind I'm against the wanton slaughter of domestic appliances?
[1] The roomba for flat surfaces, an old upright with tools for places the roomba can't reach.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » November 11th, 2019, 3:59 pm

UncleEbenezer wrote:Both my vacuum cleaners[1] have been dealing with a certain amount of building and DIY rubble of late. I'm disturbed to hear it might be fatal to them. Is that down to abrasive qualities, or what?

Abrasives, sticky fluids, old nails and screws, glues, and substances that will set hard inside the machine. You remember that spilt packet of dry tile grout that you hoovered up last month? The Tate Modern would probably make you an offer for the cast, if only they could think of a way of getting it out of the machine. ;)
And what should I look out for, bearing in mind I'm against the wanton slaughter of domestic appliances?

It's the violence that's so awful. Not what you've done to them, but what they'll do to you when the day of cyber-reckoning eventually comes. I think it might have been Ray Bradbury who wrote that story. If not, it should have been. :lol:

BJ

Return to “Building and DIY”