Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Alternatives to British Gas Boiler Repair & Servicing

Does what it says on the tin
staffordian
Lemon Quarter

Re: Alternatives to British Gas Boiler Repair & Servicing

Postby staffordian » November 25th, 2019, 11:18 pm

Stompa wrote:
staffordian wrote:...return to BG and accept the higher cost for a guarantee of better (or at least prompter) service...

Have you tried getting a BG engineer lately?

I too used to use them, because they'd typically turn up pretty quickly. However, when I needed an engineer a few weeks ago, the best they could manage was a 10 day wait, or 5 days if you were without either heating or hot water. They also appear to have dispensed with the system of actually being able to speak to a person to book an appointment (which used to have the advantage that you could get a 2 hour time slot). Now the phone system seems to be completely automated. Out of curiousity, a month later I went online to see if the situation had improved, but it was the same.

Anyway, I had a new boiler fitted a few days ago with a 10 year guarantee, and so have now dumped BG.

Mmm, not recently.

Perhaps time to have a rethink!

Stompa
Lemon Slice

Re: Alternatives to British Gas Boiler Repair & Servicing

Postby Stompa » November 25th, 2019, 11:55 pm

staffordian wrote:Perhaps time to have a rethink!

It might be worth going online to see how long a wait it could be for you. I imagine it probably varies by region.

Return to “Building and DIY”