Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Can a radiator ‘deflect’ heat?

Does what it says on the tin
Mike4
Lemon Half

Re: Can a radiator ‘deflect’ heat?

Postby Mike4 » February 14th, 2021, 9:13 am

ReallyVeryFoolish wrote:
Mike4 wrote:
ReallyVeryFoolish wrote:We have a plinth fan heater from Smiths. It is plumbed into the heating system so doesn't gobble electricity like a regular fan heater. Only the fan runs off electricity. I think it's rated above 2kw thermal output. A rare bonus, they're made in the UK, which I like.

https://smithsep.co.uk/catalogue/space- ... th-heater/

RVF

As is the Myson 500 I suggested in the previous post.

It has a major advantage over the Smiths version, in that it is currently available to purchase ;)

Funny thing, I bought mine three weeks ago from Plumbnation who seem to have no problem supplying them? I didn't realise the Myson one was the same thing. May not be of interest, the Smiths one has five year warranty, though I hope I don't need to call on it.

https://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/smit ... th-heater/

RVF.

Blimey, I haven't seen a Smiths one since about 1985! Myson came along and stole all their business AFAICR.

DrFfybes
Lemon Quarter

Re: Can a radiator ‘deflect’ heat?

Postby DrFfybes » February 17th, 2021, 9:46 am

Black radiators radiate a lot more heat than chrome or white ones, but still most heat is by convection.

FWIW I don't think a fan is th answer. I got a fan for on top of the woodburner to try and spread the heat around the roomn, it makes little difference except to direct a gentle draught of tepid air which actually makes you feel colder if you point it at you. It does help though, as if you point it at the chair nearest t the burner you don't get too hot :)

Paul

Return to “Building and DIY”