Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Living and learning

Does what it says on the tin
DrFfybes
Lemon Quarter

Living and learning

Postby DrFfybes » March 18th, 2021, 7:33 pm

Things I never knew I needed until I saw one...
https://www.screwfix.com/p/flexible-cop ... 00mm/61598

The shower pump died, the replacement has differently located connectors and the flexi hoses supplied are nowhere near the pipes.

The actual pipework is 'amusing' - comes in on 22mm Hepworth grey plastic, Compression Hepworth Tee for take off for basin, plastic to compression Hepworth fitting to 22mm copper (or sometimes more Hepworth grey(!?!)), 22mm JG pushfit angle down towards the pump, 22 x 15 JG pushfit straight reducer, then copper to the flexi connector on the pump. Then the same on the way out back to the 22mm Hepworth leading to the shower (including a Tee on the cold which uses the pumped supply to feed the toilet)

Thats about 40 connections in a small space - I really must sort out a photo host :)

I reckon I can swap most with a reducing elbow and fresh copper to the pump hose, or shorten the 22mm Hepworth, a srtaight 22 x 15 reducer and the lovely looking (but no doubt trickier than they look) flexible copper. Assuming I can pushfit onto the Hepwroth - there are inserts in the end.

Paul

GrahamPlatt
Lemon Quarter

Re: Living and learning

Postby GrahamPlatt » March 18th, 2021, 9:32 pm

I take it you’re a urologist then?

Return to “Building and DIY”