Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Removing CH rad top panel to clean

Does what it says on the tin
raybarrow
Lemon Slice

Removing CH rad top panel to clean

Postby raybarrow » July 11th, 2021, 9:20 am

Hi,
Thought I'd clean the dusty radiator tops. Simple, I thought, slide up side panels, remove top grill, vacuum.
However side panels have a plastic cove approx 40mm wide by 60mm tall that sits just under the air release valve near to top of the side panel. It has design on it that looks like the double chevron of a Citroen car, slightly tilted anticlockwise with four vertical lines.
It stops any upward movement of the side panel. Is it a matter of a carefully placed fine bladed implement to lever it off or is it more serious than that.

Any help appreciated,
Ray.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Re: Removing CH rad top panel to clean

Postby bungeejumper » July 11th, 2021, 11:14 am

I'm having a problem envisaging the exact system you've got there - I think they differ - but YouTube has quite a few videos on how to do the different sorts. Such as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iggHPsD1p9c. (There'll be more links alongside that one.)

Or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPzk2WU5q_I, which seems to discuss several types. Any help?

BJ

raybarrow
Lemon Slice

Re: Removing CH rad top panel to clean

Postby raybarrow » July 12th, 2021, 8:07 am

Hi,

Sorted it. The plastic cover does come off giving room to raise the end panels and the top grill. They are a good fit but a well placed fingernail did the job.

Ray.

Return to “Building and DIY”