Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34,Anonymous, for Donating to support the site

Scaffolding for a broken window?

Does what it says on the tin
MrFoolish
Lemon Quarter

Re: Scaffolding for a broken window?

Postby MrFoolish » May 18th, 2022, 9:02 pm

When I had the exterior of my house painted, the painter brought his own scaffold. He told me it was some sort of compact scaffold that fits in a van - he seemed pretty proud of it. The whole job was about £800 as I recall.

sg31
Lemon Quarter

Re: Scaffolding for a broken window?

Postby sg31 » May 19th, 2022, 10:23 am

bungeejumper wrote:
Mike4 wrote:
BullDog wrote:Second vote for a cherry picker.

Yes, the same safety and cost of scaffolding plus the speed and convenience of a ladder!

What a bunch of wusses. :lol: Around these rural parts, we goes to the farmer and he lends us 'is hyperdraulic loader, with one of them square buckets on the end, like you'd use for shovelling cow manure if only it was a JCB, but it in't. Then you'd put the lad into the bucket, and up e'd go, singing loudly all the way because you'd bribed 'e with cider and e'm skirred to show he was frit.

And if 'e comes down safely, tis all to the good. And if 'e dun't, I can 'ave 'is chair in the pub. ;)

BJ

That is quite accurate. I live in a rural area and if I need to do any work at height I phone my friend who is a farmer. He pops round with his Loadall and lifts me up to the required level. Once the job is done I arrange to meet him in the local hostelry where we have a couple of pints to celebrate a job well done.

Return to “Building and DIY”