Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Gas Stove Problem

Does what it says on the tin
feder1
Lemon Slice

Gas Stove Problem

Postby feder1 » July 29th, 2022, 3:25 pm

The 3 year old twin oven cooker has become slow to light up the top oven.

When new it would take say 10 secs for the flame to stay on after pressing the gas flow button and the starter.

I guess there is a bimetallic strip somewhere which controls this, but I don,t really know.

Now it might take 30 secs or more to light up and stay on.

The flame immediately catches but upon releasing the gas flow button it goes out if things aren,t hot enough.

Who is best to contact for this please?

Maroochydore
Lemon Slice

Re: Gas Stove Problem

Postby Maroochydore » July 29th, 2022, 7:47 pm

I would guess any competent gas fitter. However sounds like a thermocouple issue. Very easy to swop out for a new one.

Try searching here for your model etc https://www.espares.co.uk/search?Search ... ermocouple

Mike4
Lemon Half

Re: Gas Stove Problem

Postby Mike4 » July 29th, 2022, 11:38 pm

Maroochydore wrote:I would guess any competent gas fitter. However sounds like a thermocouple issue. Very easy to swop out for a new one.

Try searching here for your model etc https://www.espares.co.uk/search?Search ... ermocouple

Yes perhaps the thermocouple is failing but before going to the trouble of ordering and fitting a new one, make sure it is being fully enveloped by the flame. Bending the bracket a bit might be just as effective.

The OP is right about a bimetal strip also being a possibility, except they fell from use as flame supervision about 50 years ago....

Return to “Building and DIY”