Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

Picture frame too deep for sawtooth hanger?

Does what it says on the tin
Clariman
Lemon Quarter

Picture frame too deep for sawtooth hanger?

Postby Clariman » July 20th, 2023, 5:09 pm

I've got a couple of pictures which are in very lightweight frames, which came with sawtooth hangers fitted on the back (on the back panel, not the outer frame itself). However, the depth of the frame is just over an inch, so any picture hook nail would be too small to reach. Even using a proper picture hook would be unlikely to hold it.

I can't help thinking that the frame and hanger are inappropriate for each other but Mrs C said they were hanging up in the shop when she bought them :roll:

Any tips?

swill453
Lemon Half

Re: Picture frame too deep for sawtooth hanger?

Postby swill453 » July 20th, 2023, 5:36 pm

What about just an ordinary screw in an appropriate plug? Something a couple of inches long but with a small enough head to fit in the hanger.

Scott.

Dicky99
Lemon Slice

Re: Picture frame too deep for sawtooth hanger?

Postby Dicky99 » July 20th, 2023, 5:36 pm

Clariman wrote:I've got a couple of pictures which are in very lightweight frames, which came with sawtooth hangers fitted on the back (on the back panel, not the outer frame itself). However, the depth of the frame is just over an inch, so any picture hook nail would be too small to reach. Even using a proper picture hook would be unlikely to hold it.

I can't help thinking that the frame and hanger are inappropriate for each other but Mrs C said they were hanging up in the shop when she bought them :roll:

Any tips?

Have you considered Command strips. They work brilliantly and fix your picture tight to the wall. No chance of them being accidentally knocked off too. I have everything from small light pics to quite heavy ones fitted using them. Because they are Velcro type fixings you can remove the pics to paint behind too. The only thing I haven't tested yet is if they pull the paint off when the time comes to permanently remove them.

Return to “Building and DIY”