Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Value Investing Club Meetup

Covering meetups anywhere in the UK
Tzvikmister

Value Investing Club Meetup

Postby Tzvikmister » July 22nd, 2019, 11:18 am

Has anyone of you heard of it?
https://www.meetup.com/london-investing/

WDYT? Does it worth it? It's in 2 days so I thought to ask here if anyone's familiar with it.

csearle
Lemon Quarter

Re: Value Investing Club Meetup

Postby csearle » July 22nd, 2019, 12:27 pm

Tzvikmister wrote:WDYT? Does it worth it? It's in 2 days so I thought to ask here if anyone's familiar with it.
Never heard of it. Can't make it myself but if you go do give us a report!

Chris

Tzvikmister

Postby Tzvikmister » July 30th, 2019, 1:32 pm

So I went there, and the main focus was about studying financial statements and to helping others in building a solid portfolio of long term investments.
The event was sponsored by Cityfalcon (whom I already asked about in this forum and no one answered so I'm doing some digging by myself) and eToro, so representatives from both companies were there. The Q&A part with eToro was very interesting because the folks (full house that day) didn't spare her with easy questions :)

Moderator Message:
Copyright image removed

The networking thing was also nice, there were some few people who I could learn one thing or two from!
Anyways, I asked Ruzbeh (Cityfalcon's CEO and founder who's the man behind this meetup) about future meetups and he gave me the full investing meetups schedule from their site to follow, as it's being updated on a constant basis.
I'll also try looking for more similar meetups around London and let you guys know if I find anything interesting!

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Postby Itsallaguess » July 30th, 2019, 2:05 pm

Tzvikmister wrote:
The event was sponsored by Cityfalcon (whom I already asked about in this forum and no one answered so I'm doing some digging by myself)

By way of a fantastically bizarre coincidence, that's twice in one day that I've heard them mentioned on this forum -

Then, once you sell the BTC in Venezuela, you need to get your money back into CAD (assuming this is the base currency you want your profits in).

Instability in Venezuela or the nationalization of the industry could seriously derail your plans, though. So, is it possible? Sure. Just make sure your exchange rates and fees are good and you have a good, clear path to transmit between countries.

James Smith, Financial expert with City Falcon.

https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=18781&p=240399#p240399

Small world....

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Return to “Lemon Socials”